Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » ::: FSC Meetups ::: » FSC for March 27th Pizza by Putnam! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 11895
Posted on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK folks, Putnam, our resident pizza guru, has ONE more Thursday at the Motor City Brewing Works.

Get there early, or park on the street.

I'll be down after my coffeehouse gig with Audra Kubat at 1923 in Hamtramck.

NO vote on this one, he only has one Thursday before switching to Tuesdays.

heh, temporary-FSC-coup-dictator-at cha!

Gertrude
Username: Gertrude

Post Number: 45
Posted on Monday, March 24, 2008 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since this is on my way home from class Thursday night, I'm in. I've wanted to try the pizza there for ages, too.

Question: how will this newbie know how to find you guys? I'm in my 30s, tall, with short dark hair.

Gannon

Post Number: 11971
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gertrude,

Sorry, for some reason, these mega-threads don't bump to the top when answered. UGH.

I won't be there until about nine thirty or so, I've got to pack up some equipment from a Coffeehouse Open Mic that I help stage in Hamtramck before driving down.

Not sure who might come, that is always an open question...but you can always go back to the pizza oven and introduce yourself to our chef, Putnam...he's a very friendly fellow.

He can point me out, and there might be a few of the regular FSC'ers...like Mikie and Kathleen.

He'd be the corporate-cut guy with a big smile, she the dark-haired patrician beauty...Jams would be the gruff gray-haired gent...and me, long-haired hippie freak with about the dorkiest glasses you could find from twenty years ago.

I would bet we'll have a bigger turnout...that always happens when there is a special event...and Putnam's pies are EXACTLY that.

Come with an appetite! You won't be disappointed, no matter HOW much Putnam wants to apologize in advance!!

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 8029
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Around 8 for some of us.

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 208
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am coming. This will be my first also.

Jams

Post Number: 8035
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

...Jams would be the gruff gray-haired gent...

...and the cast on my arm will give me away.

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 478
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 8:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The wife and I may make an appearance as I am back in town again! 8pm sounds doable! I presume that this is the place on Canfield just west of Cass?

Are Mikie and Kathleen available? It would be nice to see everyone again!

PlymouthRes

Gannon

Post Number: 11996
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OH shit, I'd better get some extra rest tonight.

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 566
Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 12:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will try to make it.

Gertrude

Post Number: 48
Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 12:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be there. Class lets out at 9pm and I'm coming from Scott Hall. I look forward to meeting everyone. Glad there will be other newbies!

Plymouthres

Post Number: 479
Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, Gannon, you had better rest up! We are looking forward to seeing you and all the others!

Jams

Post Number: 8072
Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't expect you back til June, those counterweights are yours.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 480
Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't expect to be back just yet, either, so I am looking forward to getting back in the groove! The weights will be a welcome addition.

We are going to have a couple of classes in regard to window restoration(both lead abatement and actual restoration repairs), are you in?

We shall speak tonight then, I presume?

Jams

Post Number: 8086
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Despite the weather nice little turnout that kept Putnam busy with the ovens.
Welcome again Gertrude! Some nice surprises, Bratt and friends, and Lowell (Thanks again).
Rel and Gannon

Putnam
Username: Putnam

Post Number: 123
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just found this thread. Thanks to everyone who came.

I made 50 pies last night. A personal record. By the end I was seeing a fog of roasted garlic, red peppers, mozzarella, bacon, and stacks and stacks of dinner plates for washing. It was quite an altered state of consciousness. I haven't done real work like that in years. It delighted my Puritan bones.

Starting next week MCB will be open for lunch! With some kind of new menu too. Tell your family.

Gertrude

Post Number: 50
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Putnam - that pizza was the best. The crust was just perfect.

Everyone - So nice to meet you. I didn't like my drive home but the company made it worth it. Hope to see you all again soon.

Gannon

Post Number: 12032
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ditto. Last night was the beginning of at least two great conversations we'll have to continue soon.

What a good time...funny that I knew Bratt's best friend's beau. Small world.

The pizza was fantastic, Putnam.

It was curious to have those world's collide with Jeff B. and last week through Elie to my journalist mentor that I thought had left town for good.

I'm in Royal Oak now, and hope to catch him before he closes his shop for the day.

I get the feeling you both are going to turn me into a wino. Ahem.

Cheers and more, Lowell, Jams, and Rel, as always...good to talk with you.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2808
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thought about heading down last night, but I've got a big weekend event that I'm involved with so between that, the weather, and a car situation with one of our boys, I decided not to venture out. Next week is also out for me...mom's 75th birthday! Hope to see you in a couple weeks!

Jams

Post Number: 8099
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathleen, you were missed!

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2809
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 7:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Jams! Hope to see you soon!

Mikie
Username: Mikie

Post Number: 152
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Jams,,, was I missed also? !

Jams

Post Number: 8106
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yep, Quitter :-)

Putnam
Username: Putnam

Post Number: 124
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 9:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So THAT's how you spell it. I was thinking "Mikey" which didn't seem to fit. All better. Did anyone make it to the end of this longazz youtube video?

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1612
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jams, did you miss me?

Jams

Post Number: 8108
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're not a Tangible.........yet! :-)

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1623
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One of these days I'll get up the guts.

Jams

Post Number: 8109
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No reason to fear, some very interesting conversations take place face-to-face and in Real-Time.

Plus usually, ok always, beer is involved.

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 584
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had such a fun time... It was nice meeting those that I hadn't before!

Even though it took me a FREAKIN' HOUR & A HALF to get home, it was worth it :-)

Gannon

Post Number: 12038
Posted on Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Putnam,

I apparently have been Pavloved...just got through with breakfast, and I'm salivating over the image of that pie at the end of the video...even when it was out-of-focus, like the whole world goes when I take off my extreme-nearsighted-correcting glasses!

Thanks for bringing this pizza oven perfection to my (and everyone's) attention. There is NO mistake why you set that record, that 'za is easily the best I've ever had.

za-za

Motor City Brewing Works, totally a Detroit classic...Jodie is all that, too.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.