Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Thanks Charlie! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 120
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charlie,

Last Monday morning, my kid was involved in an auto accident. Rather than drive by, you pulled over to assist her. She was in shock but you finally got her to unlock the doors. You got in the passenger side, held her hand, talked to her, reassured her and stayed with her until Ems arrived. You also called me. As we spoke, I could hear the faint sound of the Ems sirens. The louder they got the more anxious I became and you reassured me too. The siren sound stopped, I could hear commotion in the background, and by then you were gone.

I never got your full name so I could send you a thank you and let you how much your kindness helped us on that foggy morning.

I know this is a long shot, but DY is such a large community, maybe you’ll see this.

Thank you, Charlie , from the bottom of our hearts! Your kindness will always be remembered and appreciated.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 1211
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thames, is your daughter okay?

Thames

Post Number: 121
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, thank you Eriedearie!

Two spinal fractures and some other trauma to her neck and spine, but she is going to be OK. She is home from the hospital and hopefully on the mend!

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 8196
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All the best to you and your family, Thames.

Eriedearie

Post Number: 1212
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glad to hear she's on the mend and will be okay. I know that is a big relief to you.

I hope you hear from Charlie as he sounds like wonderful person to have done that for you and your family.

Keep us posted.

Terridarlin
Username: Terridarlin

Post Number: 58
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thames, I'm so glad to hear that your daughter is going to be all right.

I hope that you find your Charlie. I have a young daughter driving every day, and it renews my faith in mankind to think there are good people still out there looking after our children when we can’t be there.

Vetalalumni
Username: Vetalalumni

Post Number: 983
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Angels unawares.

Servite76
Username: Servite76

Post Number: 17
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 7:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Certainly restores ones faith in mankind. Love hearing news like this. Thames, great to hear your daughters doing fine.

Thames

Post Number: 124
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you all for the well wishes!

I'd like to gush about "our" Charlie just once more:

Her purse went a flyin' on impact and the contents dumped. He picked it all up and put it back in her purse for her. That includes her wallet, which had her ID and over $100 in it (gas & bill money for 2 wks) and her phone, which he used to call me.

Charlie will surely go to heaven! :-)

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 278
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would also like to thank Charlie. Thank you for showing us there is still good people in this world. Thames I am happy to hear that your daughter is recovering.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 1019
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 6:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thames-

Glad to hear things are working out.

I suggest you write to Steven Henderson at the Freep. He has always written back to me when I have written to him, and he is always looking for something positive to report.

shenderson600@freepress.com

Thames

Post Number: 133
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Update: I found him! A formal, heart felt, "thank you" is in the mail to Charlie. :-)

Thanks again for the well wishes. She is where she should be in her healing and doing great! Definitely on the road to recovery. No worries.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2824
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thames --

So glad to hear that your daughter is recovering as expected. That's great news!!

And you found Charlie?! Can you share how that was accomplished?

(Message edited by Kathleen on April 15, 2008)

Eriedearie

Post Number: 1307
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thames, that is fantastic! Fantastic that your daughter is healing within her time frame and doing so well.

Also fantastic that you found Charlie! What are the odds? Did this forum have anything to do with the discovery?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.