Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Paging Erie Dearie, tponetom « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tponetom
Username: Tponetom

Post Number: 295
Posted on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paging Eriedearie. Tponetom

On my ‘Brown Bomber’ post, you mentioned that you might be paging me. I will save
you the trouble of doing so.
It has been oft repeated that any performer should know when it is time to get off of the stage. I think my time has come.

This Forum is an incredible venue for anyone and everyone to voice their opinions and
experiences or the lack thereof.

Many of my ‘rememories’ are schmaltzy. Is there such a word? Yes, there is.
However, the content and the vigor, if you will, are all about people. I have true stories that
would break your heart with sadness and despair. I keep them because they involve people that I
will always love. I talk about them in better times.

I had written the following Valentine's Day Card a long time ago and then updated it a few years ago.

I asked Peggy if I could ‘post’ it.
She replied, "I don't care if people think you are full of mush."
She had found me out a long time ago.

"More Than a Valentine"

I am not a John Alden. I do not need Hallmark to speak for me.
I do consider myself a “noseless” Cyrano!

My sentiments are never contrived. They come from my heart. They are what I feel inside.

You are far more than a Valentine to me. After Fifty Seven years of togetherness, you are, and always have been, the essence and permanency of my life.

Upon awakening in the morning, you are what I anticipate. During the day, the bonding continues.
In the evening time, when sleep beckons, it is unwelcome because it dims my vision of you. I await the dawn for I know the cycle will begin again.

As age begins to shroud us, the nebulous atmosphere does not dim my memory of today, yesterday or the beginning.

My love continues its vibration through my body to keep all of my senses attuned to you.

You are forever youthful and beautiful to my vision.

My thoughts of you never wander.

Your softness excites my touch.

Your scent is ever present.

Your gentle kiss is as exciting and igniting as the more passionate ones of our youth.

I hear your every movement because I am ever aware of you.

You are my Valentine every day of the year.
Me.
Adieu.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 1300
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tp - I must say that you and Peggy hit the jackpot when you found one another. Fifty-seven years together is a fantastic accomplishment. But I think with the two of you it couldn't have been much hard work at all. A loving, compassionate, understanding relationship such as yours seems to have been effortless.

Tell Peggy I said thank you for allowing her Valentine message to be shared. Such beautiful words from a husband to his wife; Peggy must be very proud that she picked you for her partner in life.

Now, please reconsider your decision to "get off the stage" as you put it. There are many on this forum that love your stories. And I believe they benefit from them. I know I do. I truly look forward to every one of your writings. There are more positive, uplifting people around here than the naysayer, negative types and we enjoy your rememories.

Don't let a few nincompoops ruin the way you share your life experiences and wisdom with us. Those other people will fade into the sunset. But your supporters will stick with you and await your next words.

However, should you wish to correspond with me on a one to one basis, please contact Lowell as he has my permission to put us in touch with one another.

To borrow words from you, "My sentiments are never contrived. They come from my heart. They are what I feel inside."

Eriedearie

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 1951
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I second what Eriedearies says. It's been great hearing from you, and it would be wonderful if you could pop in with some stories once in awhile.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3020
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Absolutely! Even if just once a month you get a 'rememory' to share, it would make this forum even more golden to all. Your tales have given me great enjoyment, Tp. Whatever your decision, be well.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2822
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Absolutely, Tponetom!! Please continue to share your stories with us. I am envious about how much detail you provide in such a lovely manner, and can only hope that someday I will be able to share such remembrances with family and others. Perhaps it says something about the time which you are recalling and sharing. Anyways, I hope you will remain with us, even if it is only once in a while.

Terridarlin
Username: Terridarlin

Post Number: 60
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tponetom,

Your writing has made me laugh and cry. You write about ordinary life in an extraordinary way. Your "slice of life" is just what’s needed in this hurry up superficial world.

You once said: "Life can be so simple, if only we let it be." I have thought about that sentence many times, and try to remind myself daily to keep it simple.

You were born the same year as my dad, and my parent’s marriage as endured 53 years. I treasure my remaining time with them; your writing reminds me of the stories I need them to tell me, before it’s too late.

Thank you

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 8398
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tponetom,
Let me pile on here, your wonderful stories and style will be sorely missed.

You have given us a great gift with your musings here.

Thank you, and I hope to see you here again.

Ragtoplover59
Username: Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 243
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"It has been oft repeated that any performer should know when it is time to get off of the stage. I think my time has come."

Tponetom, Performer? I thought much more of you then that! I thought you were the real thing? If it all was just an act, it was a good one. You told your stories and we listened, We learned, And we loved each performance! and now I guess it's over, just in time for summer re-runs?

Unless, You would care to reclassify yourself from Performer to Human Being, and decide to stay awhile longer. Other real people here would like you to stay and enjoy the time we have together, being real!
You have Ideals, Thoughts, and Memories to share. and where can you find a gathering of people more diverse then we have here? Case closed ! Welcome back! I hope.

Ragtoplover59
Username: Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 244
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm thinking that this has a little to do with chocolate something or other?

If so, what shape would all our country's leaders be in if "Saturday Night Live" was taken to heart?

Well on second thought, maybe they did see it? lol

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.