Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Women's saddle shoes « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 6124
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have had a request by a non-forumer to inquire as to where to purchase women's saddle shoes around the Royal Oak area. Perhaps a school uniform store?

9936sussex
Username: 9936sussex

Post Number: 103
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wasn't there an east-side girls catholic high school that's team was called the "saddle-ites"? Wasn't part of their uniform saddleshoes? As a west sider, I'm certainly crossing into territory I'm not real familiar with--but I'm thinking Dominican or Regina? Or was there another girls school that had that nickname? I hope I'm not just hallucinating this-- Maybe the store that provides their uniform would have saddle shoes.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2825
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You hit the nail on the head, 9936Sussex!

Regina girls are the Saddlelites.

From their website:

The Regina uniform consists of a skirt, white collared shirt, knee socks, and saddle shoes. Each incoming class is assigned a unique blue and white plaid-patterned skirt which they keep for all four years of high school.

Their uniform skirt supplier is SchoolBelles.com. I didn't see any mention of them as a source for saddle shoes, but you have to login to their ordering system to view the items for purchase.
Here's the location of their local store in Madison Heights:

Schoolbelles Uniform Store
Farnum Place Shopping Center
27619 John R. Rd.
Madison Heights, Mi 48071
248-544-2463
1-800-637-3037 (customer service)

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 736
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Like these?

http://www.muffys.com/modern_t raditional.html

http://www.remixvintageshoes.c om/saddles.html

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 6130
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks all, she opted for the internet. Now she'll just have to cross her fingers and hope they fit. I bet they were easier to find during the swing dance craze of the 90's. :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.