Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Calling all Stags « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mackenzie68
Username: Mackenzie68

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anybody want to do something about a Mackenzie reunion? I was out of state for any others but I have time and energy now. Point me and aim me, or better still, tell me someone else has it under control.

9936sussex
Username: 9936sussex

Post Number: 106
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I might be persuaded....by the way, did you graduate in 68? Because there are a few of us on this board that did.

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 1956
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe you could check Classmates.com and Reunions.com to see if they already have some in the works. I'm on my way to Dreamland so will try to remember to check tomorrow unless somebody beats me to it.

Mackenzie68

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 12:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I graduated in 68. Did stage crew with Mr. D and Mr Gust, played 3rd chair clarinet but didn't do marching band, "managed" girls swim team. Biology with Tyburski, Casemore and counseled by Carletti. I went to Parker for K-8.

I did make Mr. Buck smile, I used to go to his office to call mom when someone pulled the alarm. She heard the sirens and panicked easily. I said something to her about the sirens meaning spring fever or excess horniness in the parking lot and he cracked up.

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 509
Posted on Friday, April 18, 2008 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Fellow Mackites!

For the past several years, there has been a very successful and FUN all-years Mackenzie Reunion in late June - directly behind the school.

Many former students (and their families), teachers, and administrators attend this annual shindig.

Soon as I hear anything about this year's MackFest, I will pass along.

PS We Are The Mighty, Mighty Stags!

Chuck Greene, Class of 1976

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3036
Posted on Friday, April 18, 2008 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Class of '54 had their 50th anniversary reunion four years ago in Troy. Of the 900 graduates, 300 appeared; 300 were either no-shows or unable to be contacted; and 300 had passed away.

Which group say you that I was in? :-)

Mackenzie68

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, April 18, 2008 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ray, if I knew you well enough I'd ask if you don't remember which group you were in, how would you expect us to know. But since I don't know you all that well...

Miss Casemore once told us that she was training to be a doctor but wasn't allowed to be one because she was female. I think I remember her saying she went to UM.

Chuck, thanks for the word on the picnic, sounds like fun!
Barb Scott, class of '68

Ray1936

Post Number: 3037
Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 1:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, 68. Yeah, I was in the group that showed up, and still going strong. It was a wonderful reunion, and the ladies still looked magnificent. Some of the guys grew through their hair, though.

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 6354
Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Troy? Why would Mackenze pick Troy?

jjaba recently got a notice for his 50th Cass Tech. reunion. Letter sent from Brighton.

Instead of Downtown Detroit, we have to schlep out to Brighton on Grand River? Oy veyesmere!

jjaba, Proudly Cass Tech. Class of '59.

Ray1936

Post Number: 3038
Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Troy? Why would Mackenze pick Troy?"

'Cause they ain't none of the class of '54 who still lives in Detroit. In fact, a goodly number of those attending were from out of state. Like me. We turned Detroit over to the boomers, and they did a pretty lousy job.

Jjaba

Post Number: 6356
Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All the more reason. If so many are from out of town, why not find something for them downtown or, heaven forbid, in East Dearborn? jjaba sees dried-up oldsters at Comerica Park all the time.

jjaba stays in touch with your '54 classmates.
Ray Dio has worked in communications for yrs. Bud Weiser just got outta rehab. Sharon Sharealike still loves to party. Al Cohol still has a still in the basement. Mary Quitecontrary just retired as a juvenile hall matron.
I. M. Ajerk is still a jerk. Phil Adelphia lives in Pennsylvania. And Johnny Kakes owns a bakery in Greektown.

jjaba, Graduate of Mackenzie Driving School.

Chuckjav

Post Number: 511
Posted on Sunday, April 20, 2008 - 7:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjaba....Just a thought:

I'll call my MHS friends, and perhaps you might contact the Cass Tech Alumni Society; arrange a men's & women's track and field meet versus Mackenzie Alumni?

Mackenzie wins.....Kwame resigns
Cass Tech wins (it'll never happen).....Kwame still resigns.

It's a Win-Win situation!

PS Either way, it'll be one helluva track meet

Ray1936

Post Number: 3040
Posted on Sunday, April 20, 2008 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jeez, don't call me for the track team, Chuck. I didn't like running when I was young. I don't run when I'm old. Why would you want to run some place when you can just jump in the car or on the Dexter bus and get there much faster with less effort?

On the other hand, your plan sounds great as long as I can just be a spectator! :-)

Chuckjav

Post Number: 512
Posted on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ray1936....We will also need jumpers and throwers. I suspect that you jumped fences & threw the hammer down many-many times during your DPD career. We will need a man of so many talents.

We should also challenge Cass Tech alumni to an all-years swim meet; your particular Mackenzie graduating class boasted one of the best swim teams in school history - City Champions they were!

Heck........

Why not turn this event into a Public School League event - bring on the Huskies, Cardinals, Tars, Doughboys, Colts...and Trailblazers too.

Ray1936

Post Number: 3042
Posted on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, okay. Sign me up for the Euchre and Pinochle teams. :-)

Chuckjav

Post Number: 551
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

THIS JUST IN......

Mackenzie Alumni Associations
Presents it's 14th Annual
"All Class Picnic"

Sunday, June 29th 2008
(Last Sunday in June)
10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Hammerberg Field
Next to Mackenzie High School
(Wyoming at West Chicago)

BYOB - Each Class is encouraged to erect a canopy or tent; provide table & chairs, etc.

Please bring your children, friends and relatives!

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 2359
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 7:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so jjaba hits Livingston County next year for his 50th! Earlier this year, Sheriff Bezette had Denny McLain as his guest , and next year he entertains jjaba.
Just seeing the Dexter bus travelling along Grand River would be a real treat.
Talk with your class president, jjaba. You have influence. A Reunion at the Willis Show Bar would be a much closer venue. Brighton? Might as well be in Mackinaw City.

Jjaba

Post Number: 6532
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jjaba is working on a more central venue. He will post the venue as it materializes. We are sure The Rock's Michigan poem will be the highlight of the evening.

jjaba, Cass Tech. Class of '59.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.