Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » I need a nutrionist to speak to Detroit youth. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitmaybe
Username: Detroitmaybe

Post Number: 96
Posted on Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello D'yers! I know that we are a well connected bunch...and I need your help! This summer I am assisting a friend who is a NFL player, and Detroit native, host a football camp for disadvantaged youth in the City. One of the topics that we will be covering is health and nutrition, and we are looking for someone to volunteer their services and educate the youth about proper diet and nutrition. Ages are 8-14 and the dates are July 7-11. Only need to come one of the days, open availability.

Please let me know if you are interested or can refer anyone that maybe interested. Also, we are looking for a backup location, a field that may be available during those dates, as well.

Thanks!!

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 12575
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 8:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe,

I would like to be a volunteer for this, if you could fire me an e-mail at jjgannon (at) ix (dot) netcom (dot) com (to avoid the spambots), I would love to know more about your program.

Are we reaching out to the Foster Care system children, too?! They are the ones on my heart, always and always.

Cheers!

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 4467
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 1:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You should contact the cooking school at Schoolcraft College, where they have one of the best cooking schools in the Midwest. Or talk to the women who own Avalon Bakery.

Oldredfordette

Post Number: 4478
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or, try and contact Alice Waters.

It seems to me that Lorraine Platman of Sweet Lorraine's would be a good person. Or, contact Slow Foods Detroit
http://www.slowfood-detroit.or g/members.html
for some guidance.

Oldredfordette

Post Number: 4482
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.slowfood-detroit.or g/articles6.html

Detroitmaybe
Username: Detroitmaybe

Post Number: 98
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks. i will definitely check out these leads...i really appreciate it!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.