Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » ::: FSC Meetups ::: » May 1st FSC-Anyone interested? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 490
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 9:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was wondering if anyone was getting together tonight?

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 687
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What time?

Plymouthres

Post Number: 491
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Rel, how's it going? Normal arrival for us is about 8 or so. Now all we need is a place. Someone pick! Jams? Mikie? Kathleen? Gannon? Any takers? Don't be shy now!

Rel

Post Number: 690
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MMmmm... I smell shawarma...

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 12589
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Default place is the Park?! I'm in.

I can get down to anywhere after nine thirty.

Owe you a drink, Plymouthres, at least.

Name it, text me the location. Damn, phone is broken...call instead, it forwards to my other phone until I can get that one fixed.

Cheers!

Plymouthres

Post Number: 492
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Park it is:check your phone for a message. We will wait for you as always Mr G.! Look forward to seeing you.

Cub, are you coming out tonight? Would like to discuss the garden with you a bit. I think what you are doing is great!

Any other takers?

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 328
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some out of town friends are having a gathering at the Park tonight as well, so this works for me. Wish other elements of my life came together this easily.

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 382
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes I am in. See you at Eight.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 494
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very cool. Almost a quorum!

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11789
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I may stop in for one tonight, as we plan on grabbing dinner downtown someplace anyway.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 495
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It would be good to see you again SS. Come on down to the Park!

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11790
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 7:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We stopped in for 1 around 9. Saw Blondy, but nobody else. Everybody get a late start, or did I simply not recognize those who were there?

JMil,

Was nice talking with you, sorry to hear that you were in fact too old to come out past 8 pm though. :-)

Plymouthres

Post Number: 496
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 9:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We got there a bit late, but it was nice to see Gannnon, Cub, Rel and Downriviera again. As usual, the schwarma was awesome. Good conversations as well.

See you on Monday at the garden spot, Cub!

Saw you guys walk in, Sport, but you left before I could get over to say hi!

Rax
Username: Rax

Post Number: 251
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 9:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was a tad nervous to come over an introduce myself. It was fun to eavesdrop though. You guys are definitely some passionate Detroiters.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 497
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 10:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rax-

I lurked here for over two years before I made my first post, so I understand your nervousness! Please don't be shy next time, come on over and introduce yourself!

We are passionate for Detroit:in this day and age, "she" (no sexism implied) needs someone to speak for "her", as the current administration and those who would step up and save what is left have all but apathetically fled and are no where to be found. I believe, therefore, that it is up to us.

It has to start somewhere.

Next time you come out to an FSC, let us know what you think by stepping up and introducing yourself. It would be nice to make your acquaintance!

Rel

Post Number: 694
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell,

We need one of those screaming BRIGHT orange flags on a high stick that tour groups and bicyclists use to identify ourselves, lol.

I had a good time seeing the regular folks, and had a stimulating conversation with DownRiviera about his business plans.

Every time I see DetroitYes'ers in person, talk to them and share ideas, I have renewed positive feelings about the City and the dynamic directions in which we are all heading. Looking forward to the next one.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.