Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Annual Forum Picnic, Sunday, May 25 » Archive through May 23, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 6856
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathleen, I'll be there. I'll bring a cake, and diet beverages (what a combo! :-))...

... and Lowell's Michigan Theatre concert tickets!

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 2128
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We will be in Cleveland for the weekend for a graduation party. Boo, I was looking forward to the picnic, too. :-(

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 227
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 1:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was ready to go with my family in tow, but the DJs I really want to see @ Movement are all playing Sunday... maybe next time

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 512
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 4:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This will be my first pinic, Im really lookin forward to it. I want to take some pics and possibly video of everyone so PLEASE, if you dont want your pic put up on this site tell me ASAP and I will respect that. Ill the big cracker with the eyepatch (dont bother askin, it was a bar brawl).
Im really lookin forward to meeting you all.
Im bringing booze (cheap vodka). Hope you do too (expensive vodka).

Id be willing to make some mixed discs if I had some suggestions. What do you all want to hear??
I wasnt able to find any Dramatics for cub though. please post what you want to hear. I understand Gannons bringing the stereo.

This is a WARNING, if I do not get suggestions it will be a day full of Butthole Surfers and Grateful Dead.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 1666
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 5:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would have liked to be there to meet you all, but we have company coming for the weekend. Have a good time!

Leoqueen
Username: Leoqueen

Post Number: 2062
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 6:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would love to be there, but my big sis is being discharged from Karmanos, so we are having a family get-together.....she is a survivor!

Django

Post Number: 516
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 7:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

much love to the big sis Leo. Sounds like its gonna be a good day for you and Family. Thats kickass.

Next year, with your sis.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 1667
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 8:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Leoqueen - that is wonderful! My mom is a survivor too! Been cancer free now for 12 years, and to think there were several times we didn't think she would make it! Tell your sister to keep up the good work! We must celebrate each day we have with our survivors.

Blessings

Carolcb
Username: Carolcb

Post Number: 4282
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would love to be there as well, but we will be on the top row of the first turn at Indy....have to keep the husband happy. I hope you have a wonderful day, and congrats to Leoqueen's sister and family!

Xd_brklyn
Username: Xd_brklyn

Post Number: 408
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Had a good time last year and was looking to go this year as well, but because of some last minute changes, it doesn't look like I'll be around this time. Will have to wait till next year.

Thanks to the folks who put this together.

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 480
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django,

A day full of Butthole Surfers? Now there's a real incentive for me to show up.

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 588
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

count me in.dont know what im bringing yet.

Stromberg2
Username: Stromberg2

Post Number: 81
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think I'll stop by to say hi...pretty shy though, don't know what i would add to the conversation, though I would like to meet all of you. It's so cool that you guys have a picnic like this for everyone!

Stromberg2

Erikd
Username: Erikd

Post Number: 1024
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathleen,

Will there be a keg this year? If not, i will bring a bunch of beer.

Django

Post Number: 518
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Downrivera, you know I wouldnt do that to ya all, Ill make up somethin decent.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2857
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, everyone! Looking forward to meeting you!

Sorry we won't get to meet those of you who can't make it. Have a great weekend with your family and friends! And mark the DYes Forum Picnic on your calendar for next year (always the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend).

BYOB, ErikD.

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 486
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django,

I'm serious, I love the Butthole Surfers, one of my favorite bands of all time.

(Message edited by Downriviera on May 22, 2008)

Django

Post Number: 521
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, Mine too. My sons name is Gibson. Gibby for short. Were you there with me at St Andrews a few years back?

Ndmom
Username: Ndmom

Post Number: 95
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone, I will come and bring my husband. Stromberg2, I also have a hard time in new groups. That's why the husband. He's retired from DPD (and he is way, eay older than me) so I am hoping he will see someone he knows. Are there name tag's? I will bring a veggie tray if that's OK and some extra beer - Miller Lite for all of us on a diet.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 1294
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be there

Gumby
Username: Gumby

Post Number: 1737
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll try to make it. It looks like a busy weekend for me, but I really don't want to miss it.

Cman710
Username: Cman710

Post Number: 430
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 5:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Won't be able to make it this year, either, but my fiancee and I (Kathleen, Alecia and I got engaged recently!) are going to make every effort to come out next year! We're hoping to stay at the Book Cadillac and spend a few days in town.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2294
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm going to come by, but I'm not going to introduce myself or join in. I'm going to shuffle around, nearby, and stare (or, given my extreme near-sightedness, squint) at everyone, trying to figure out who is who. Afterward, I'm going to come back to this thread and report on my findings; I will describe the woman who I found to be the most attractive, who had the most annoying voice, who displayed the most abrasive personality, etc.
If I can manage to look hungry enough, maybe one of you will come over and offer me a burger, or something.
Little kids-- and many adults-- seem to think I'm scary-looking. Just think "recently arrived from the late sixties," and you'll probably pick me right out.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 12959
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine!!

If you truly look that way, you'll fit right in.

I don't believe you'll just haunt us...no reason to be concerned or shy or afraid or anything.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2300
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon, I was just kidding, as I'm sure you realize, but the truth is: A) I really AM kind of shy, and B) I have not completely, absolutely ruled out the idea of coming by.

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 4095
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I really AM kind of shy

So am I and I survived last year's picnic ok. Don't know if I am coming this year, still up in the air.

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 436
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am shy also...but everyone I have met so far has been more than welcoming and loving to this big ole bear.

Kathleen

Post Number: 2858
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like it is shaping up to be a good picnic!!

Name tags will be available for those who want others to know who they are.

See you on Sunday...

Kathleen

Post Number: 2859
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cman: Congrats to you and Alecia! That's great news. I look forward to see you both whenever you make it back to Detroit.

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 447
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Would you believe I'm shy to Ravine? No one will bite, I'm sure.

I am not sure. It's our turn to baby sit my fiancee's grandmother waaaay up in Bay City Sunday. If I can make it, I will. Don't count on it though.

I will however be at the Movement Festival and all over the CBD Monday. If some of you wanted to meet up for a beer or a coffee (or even a Coney), let me know. I started another thread in the Connect Section about this.

I'd love to go shoot some dice a Greektown or MGM too, or maybe go see a movie at the Ren Cen. An after party would be interesting too.

Whatever anyone wants to do really, we'll probably be up for. We're pretty open-minded and flexible people. And we're good company (I think). We'd also love to go bowling, or maybe shoot pool.