Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Paging Plymouthres « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Islandman
Username: Islandman

Post Number: 1499
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 5:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good to meet you and your wife yesterday. Sorry I was on my way to the airport and couldn't stay longer. Hopefully will be back in town soon and we have time to chat.

BTW, those chicken shwarmas were out of hand; ordered 3, only one made it to the plane with me. :-) I'm definitely hitting that place up next time I'm in town.

Stay safe brother!

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 750
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You boarded a plane after eating 2 chicken shwarmas? I don't think I'd be brave enough to stay indoors after eating 2 of them, that garlic lingers forever.

Islandman

Post Number: 1500
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nope, my friend and her son appropriated 2 of them on the way to the airport. :-)

I ate one on the plane, and yes, it was garlic heaven. I'm sure some people did not appreciate it, but after all, it has to be a familiar smell to many in Detroit.

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 579
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Islandman-

It was, indeed, a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance, too! MrsRes and I are looking forward to meeting-up next visit and next time we will make sure to communicate much better! Now that you have the cell number, feel free to hit that up any time your coming in and we will make it happen as we discussed!!

Congrats on the schwarma's-I eat two every time we go down to the Park, and, your right, that garlic is like "crack" for those that are addicted like us! REL has got a source so next time you are in town we can get you hooked-up properly! I would have paid a bunch to see the look on those folks face when you pulled that schwarma out on the plane!Johnny5 has it right, the garlic sauce will ultimately melt hair!!

The Bucharest is one of Detroits best kept secrets by far!

Kathleen is responsible for our addiction, by the way!She introduced us to those schwarma's!!

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2877
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stop! You're making me hungry with all that schwarma talk!! It's been a while since I had a chicken schwarma sandwich or salad at The Park!!

Islandman

Post Number: 1503
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathleen,

You've been holding out on everyone. That was by far the best I have ever tasted anywhere in Detroit, even after getting soggy in foil from The Park to DTW. :-)

Plymouthres, we'll be seeing each other soon. Have to see what I'm doing for travel in July. Don't forget to call if you're anywhere near the Carolinas though!

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 732
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Res! Don't blow my source. The fuzz will be all over me like a cheap suit.

Hope to see y'all at the next meetup....

Plymouthres

Post Number: 581
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will not apologize about the shameless outing-you are responsible for the "distance" we experience after a night where the garlic crack sauce has been deployed!!

We will definitely see you soon!

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 734
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

REL. Breaking up marriages through bad breath since 2008. You heard it here first.

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 6567
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 1:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where's this best chicken schwarma?
jjaba wants to eat one on his next plane ride.

jjaba.

Islandman

Post Number: 1525
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjabba,

It is at The Park. Right next to Bells. You will not be disappointed..guarantee!

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 585
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Northwest Airlines just announced that due to rising costs they are charging $10 for each chicken schwarma carry on.

Islandman

Post Number: 1538
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Downriviera,

You just made me laugh out loud at work. People are looking at me funny.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 584
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjaba-

As a westsider myself, we shall have to meet down at the Bucharest Grill, Inside of the Park Bar(next to Cliff Bell's on Park at Elisabeth) for their now famous schwarma. They have Stroh's on tap, too! It will be a old/new Detroit night on me!

Nothing like a shell of draft Stroh's and a Schwarma to give you that taste of Detroit!

Perhaps Islandman will be able to join us, too. My wife and I had the pleasure to meet him and we liked him instantly! I think you would, too!
If we are really lucky, perhaps Kathleen and Rel will join the fray!

Mortgageking
Username: Mortgageking

Post Number: 110
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mark my words.

If I'm ever on a plane and somebody breaks out a Park Bar Chicken Schwarma, I will punch that person.

They taste good, but the smell can be offensive in a confined space.

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 757
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 12:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"If I'm ever on a plane and somebody breaks out a Park Bar Chicken Schwarma, I will punch that person."

Even if they're willing to share? =)

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 608
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

mortgageking-i second that. Had a schwarma last week.

Islandman

Post Number: 1550
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MK, you're probably right, but there was no way I was going to let it get any soggier than it already was and wait until Charlotte to grub. Believe me, it was gone but quick. :-)

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 13060
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

M'king.

Do you flinch at sunlight as well?

How are your canine teeth? 'Bout normal sized?!

Funny now some people have such an amazing response to simple, healthy garlic.

Had one ex-girlfriend who could smell it two rooms away...heh.

Cheers!

Mortgageking
Username: Mortgageking

Post Number: 114
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 12:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's just say that I had a bad experience when a "friend" celebrated getting his PhD by drinking all day at Park Bar, eating a few Schwarmas along the way, then regurgitating his celebration ALL over my apartment.

I haven't been able to look at one since.

Bigglenlake
Username: Bigglenlake

Post Number: 54
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 6:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EGADS- fully understood MK.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 13064
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OMG, then punch HIM for me.

heh

IF ANYTHING, for ruining them for you!

Pcasey
Username: Pcasey

Post Number: 17
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can always order the Yemani Corned Beef Stix. They're nowhere near as offensive and they travel much better.

Bigglenlake

Post Number: 60
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like 'em from mama Yamar's, best in town!

Pcasey

Post Number: 19
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

true dat

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 315
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

extra pickles are a must

Pcasey

Post Number: 22
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like the stix with a little Pommery Green Peppercorn moutarde on the side for dipping.

Bigglenlake

Post Number: 63
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oui Oui, cest bon!

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 942
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 9:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Res. check out the 4th picnic thread please.

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 764
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The 4th?

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 947
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oops, I meant the day of the fireworks in Detroit. Not even sure when it is.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.