Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Gay Members on DetroitYes Roll Call! « Previous Next »
Archive through June 16, 2008Kathinozarks30 06-16-08  7:10 pm
Archive through June 21, 2008Spaceboykelly30 06-21-08  12:54 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1334
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I'm glad to hear it might be myth.

I always thought it was kind of odd. What's a "crazy dyke"?

I have a large network of lesbian acquaintances (I'm straight, though) and I'd like to know which of my friends/acquaintances qualify!

Supergay
Username: Supergay

Post Number: 166
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think he means the hardcore feminist man-hating lesbian with all the stereotypical accoutrements. You'd know if your friends qualify I think!

Jean, I have no clue where the lesbians are! They are highly invisible around here. I can say that Pride in Ferndale had a good showing, and so did the True Colors tour. There is a lesbian performer coming next Sunday to perform downtown about whom I will be blogging soon, so keep an eye on http://supergaydetroit.blogspo t.com for details!

It's summer, which is when lesbians come out of hiding, so just be sure to hit as many glbt activities as you can until October!

Miketoronto
Username: Miketoronto

Post Number: 891
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry if I am out of the loop here on what is going on. But are you guys having some sort of gay Detroit Yes meet or something like that?

Supergay

Post Number: 173
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A virtual DetroitYes gay meetup, yeah!

There used to be like 30 of us on here, but so far we've only had a few check in.

Miketoronto
Username: Miketoronto

Post Number: 897
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Interesting.
Other architecture city forums I have been on, have very very very large gay populations. City topics seem to attract alot of gay people.

Supergay

Post Number: 174
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They used to here. I would say there's been a shift in the demographic over the past year or two.

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 1443
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Crew's still here....I just don't post often and when I do, it's usually something off the wall. I really add very little to the actual discussion :-)

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1338
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bdglsmn
Username: Bdglsmn

Post Number: 65
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 12:30 pm:

------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------------------
I'm not gay but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

______________________________ __

I just want to say that that is, possibly, the funniest post I've ever read. It came out of nowhere. Thanks, Bldgsmn:-)

Bdglsmn
Username: Bdglsmn

Post Number: 69
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You are very welcome Kathinozarks :-)

Spaceboykelly
Username: Spaceboykelly

Post Number: 295
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK QUEERS [and friends of queers]!
I finally found a flyer for the night at Oslo.
It will be on the 4th of July...

This is the flyer:
http://i137.photobucket.com/al bums/q229/adrieldetroit/FreshC orp%20Flyers/fiercehotmessfron t.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/al bums/q229/adrieldetroit/FreshC orp%20Flyers/fiercehotmessback .jpg

Fierce Hot Mess.
A dirty good time.
Brian Gillespie
Todd Osborn
Kelly Pink-O

Oslo
1456 Woodward
Old enough to drink
10pm
$5
www.myspace.com/detroitmess

I hope to see you guys and girls there!

Lnfant
Username: Lnfant

Post Number: 17
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pasted from Daily Kos

news from Daily Kos, June 30

As some discovered over the weekend and this morning, the OneNewsNow.com site has a filter set up on its news results that automatically changes the word "gay" to "homosexual." I think it's an odd substitution, but I'm sure they've done some kind of research that shows that "gay" has a more positive connotation than the more literal "homosexual."

How did this attempt at framing backfire on OneNewsNow.com and the AFA? The answer comes from track-and-field.

From the Boston Globe:
When Tyson Gay crossed the finish line in the men's 100 meters yesterday, the crowd at Hayward Field gasped. The clock displayed 9.68 seconds. Everyone at the US Olympic track and field trials knew what that meant. Gay ran the fastest 100 ever, regardless of conditions....

Engage homosexual filter! To people visiting OneNewsNow.com, this was the headline:

homosexual filter headline

(not gay, not a guy)

(Message edited by Lnfant on June 30, 2008)

(Message edited by Lnfant on June 30, 2008)

Sid
Username: Sid

Post Number: 496
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gay here.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1353
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 9:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lnfant, that is hilarious! And a bummer for Mr. Gay.

Lnfant

Post Number: 20
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All those years of Mr. Gay's hard training and they can't get his name right...a pity really.

Lnfant

Post Number: 23
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...pity and LOL!

Toybreaker
Username: Toybreaker

Post Number: 61
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 1:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One certified crooked one here.

mmmm...anythingthatmoves!

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 10219
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are any of the mo's coming over to Windsor for Pride Week? From what I understand there should be a lot to do and there will be a parade this Sunday on Ouellette Ave starting at noon.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1419
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How does one prove their gay?

Supergay

Post Number: 179
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 2:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Prove their gay what?

Billybbrew
Username: Billybbrew

Post Number: 317
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 8:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gay here, joined DYes and started going to FSC to meet some new people that were open-minded and NOT into the gay bar/club scene. Ended up meeting Itsjeff and a bunch of other good people (mostly str8, but can't hold that against them, lol) I do miss Itsjeff alot and think about him often. The forum has not been the same without him.

Kayakor
Username: Kayakor

Post Number: 15
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Supergay...you're great..you make me laugh out loud. (or should I say "your" great). This thread is hilarious.

Oh, gay here too. But not as stylish and cool as Supergay.

N7hn
Username: N7hn

Post Number: 24
Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2008 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think Im gay but dont know if I count anymore ...... can you be gay AND celibate????? Or are you kicked out of the club once ya quit practicing? Nice to see you all still doing it, LOL

Vetalalumni
Username: Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1049
Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2008 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Surely your fellow gays in this thread will tell you, being celibate does NOT disqualify you.

6nois
Username: 6nois

Post Number: 721
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I fall in to the queer camp. Had a good time at the Queer bar at the Whitney.

N7hn you would still be gay. It just means your not getting any gay love sex.

Thursdaynext
Username: Thursdaynext

Post Number: 405
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alright all you fabulous DYes'ers, who of you will be going to see Kathy Griffin at the FOX Theater on October 18th??? I'm going with my boyfriend, plus a couple other friends...none of which are gay!! Help!! My best gay and the rest of the girls are in Florida and there is no way they are going to make it up here (bitches, it is the day after my birthday after all, you would think...). I need my gays; so who's with me???

Spaceboykelly
Username: Spaceboykelly

Post Number: 300
Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2008 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

free tickets and a vip lap dance with ms. kathy griffin and i'm there.

Imperfectly
Username: Imperfectly

Post Number: 262
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

we are kinda invisible...more like aloof??? :-)

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1706
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gay and celibate? That's not possible. Well, I'm just going on what Perfectgentleman says. Obviously he is an authoritative figure on the gay lifestyle what with these gems...

quote:

Yeah we all know that gays are monogamous and faithful, that is until they find themselves in a public restroom looking for a glory hole.

quote:

When will gays stop spreading AIDS with their promiscuous lifestyle? That is a problem that kills people and costs this country untold millions of dollars.

Perhaps you missed biology class, but the anus is neither a sexual or reproductive organ. The misuse of it is a great way to spread numerous diseases. You wouldn't let a child play in the toilet would you? That is what the homosexual male sex act is akin to. Engaging in fecal contamination is no way to go through life.

Higgs1634
Username: Higgs1634

Post Number: 602
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PG is all class.

N7hn
Username: N7hn

Post Number: 30
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bravo cheddarbob. Thanks for passing along perfectgentlemans wisdom. Ive never heard a second hand opinion tapped out so clearly from under the bathroom stall wall...... nice shoes. Youve helped me alot. As Ive always suspected I must NOT be gay then. Either that or havent seen ya for the last 7 or so years pretty lips. I guess I owe ya some lube and a tube of lip gloss. still at the 1-75 rest stop on sundays?

Sknutson
Username: Sknutson

Post Number: 1181
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perfectgentleman is neither perfect nor a gentleman.

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1714
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nope, no rest area anymore. The heat was getting too intense. Moved over to the state land near there, just pull into the parking lot and look for the car that's backed in.

Diane12163
Username: Diane12163

Post Number: 53
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 5:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All! I am Bi and proud to be. I came out in the Detroit Gay scene back in 1987. I've been to The Deck, Backstreet, Railroad Crossing(Now Rainbow Room), Gigi's, R&R, Backpocket, The Eagle(I was the only woman to ever gain access to that club back in the late 80's), Menjo's, Club 49, Tiffany's, The Gas Station, Heaven, The Woodward, and a few others whose names escape me. I performed at The Deck twice in Drag shows with the likes of Krystal Blaze and Hummin' Helen and Jackie Chambers. The songs I did were: David Bowie-Blue Jean, Billy Idol-Rebel Yell, Romeo Void-Never Say Never and Grace Jones-Pull Up To My Bumper. I would go out 7 nights a week. We had our places to go each night depending on the action there. We'd go for drag nights, wet jockey shorts nights, and just nights when the club was hopping. You could often find me on the dance floor shaking my groove thang. At Backstreet, I would get up on one of the two risers and stay there half the night. I loved hanging out with friends and scoping the bars out. It was just fun to go dance, have cocktails and then pop over to Rams Horn or Big Boy for food. I miss a lot of my old friends from there. I would love to reconnect and share memories. My name is really Diane. I will always always belive in, support and love this community, especially the Detroit one. I am so happy that Gay marriage is getting legalised. Soon, Michigan will be amongst those states, too. Be fab people. Love You!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.