Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » ::: FSC Meetups ::: » FSC, Thursday, June 19 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2900
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A couple of us are planning to be at The Park Bar. Dave will be playing with the Scott Reiter Trio next door at Cliff Bell's too, if you are interested in some jazz.

Anyone care to join us?

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 496
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes I am there.

Mikie
Username: Mikie

Post Number: 169
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be there also.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 13099
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This week is very good. I'll be late, as usual.

Full moon today, should be a good night tomorrow too.

Dtowncitylover
Username: Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 196
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, I would love to met you guys as well as go to FSCs, but i am not sure if I'm allowed in, as I am 19 yrs and most FSCs are at bars. Am I allowed into the Park Bar?

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 9051
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I really could use a night of some really good folks and conversation, so I'll try my damndest to make it.

It looks like the last time I attend as a Detroiter, since as of next week I become a Metro Detroiter officially for the first time in over 20 years.

Damn, I'm scared.

Kathleen

Post Number: 2904
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Dtowncitylover! Certainly they don't check ID at the door, and if you don't try to order a beer, you're probably OK. If you do decide to join us, look for us near the corner windows. I'll be there around 8pm.

Rax
Username: Rax

Post Number: 463
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

It looks like the last time I attend as a Detroiter, since as of next week I become a Metro Detroiter officially for the first time in over 20 years.

What happened?

Pcasey
Username: Pcasey

Post Number: 73
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

too many D-Town Browns?

Jams

Post Number: 9057
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm somewhat loathe to post this, but after being assaulted in March and having been unable to work for three months due to a broken arm because of it...I guess I've quit.

I bought a foreclosed home in Lincoln Park for 1/3rd of its last selling price and am moving there.

It is one of the most difficult decisions of my life. I've loved my home of the last 16 years, my neighborhood and neighbors, the fact I've lived for almost 8 years without a car since I had two bus lines to choose from a either end of my block or could choose to ride my bike the 3 or 4 miles to Downtown to work.

I'll miss the fact, I could walk or bike that mile to Belle Isle, whenever I needed to relieve the stresses of life.

But, after three burglaries, a home invasion, which required me to be tested for Hep C after being bitten by the perp in our struggle, 4 of my cars stolen in 2 years from in front of my house, and just the daily inconvenience of being asked for money every time I step out my door or just work on my yard.

I'm just fucking worn out!

Rax
Username: Rax

Post Number: 468
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Makes perfect sense Jams. Good luck in LP.

Benfield
Username: Benfield

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's sad you're leaving now just as Detroit's rising so fast but I guess I understand. Good luck in suburbia.

Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 197
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Kathleen! I don't like beer anyways. I hope to bring my aunt who loves Detroit as well, she was the one who always put pride of Detroit in me. But if she can't make it, then don't expect me to be there, sorry.

Kathleen

Post Number: 2909
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey! It doesn't mean that we won't see Jams around the D! I'm sure he'll be out and about as usual. He'll just be bunking outside the city limits.

Jams

Post Number: 9061
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Kathleen, you're right!

This has been the place I've called home for so long, I couldn't forsake it.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 7244
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 2:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jams, that is sad to hear. But what is more sad is that you didn't come to live in Ferndale instead of Lincoln Park. :-)

Jams

Post Number: 9063
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm a Detroiter, first and foremost, but I've always been proud of being a Downriver rat.

Never thought I'd go back there, but I never thought when I left this region to go to school in Rhode Island, I'd ever return and come back and to love this place so much.

Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 198
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

See you guys there! I'll be bringing a guest...my aunt.

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 706
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Monsieur Jams,

Welcome back to the beautiful shores of The Downriviera! When are we going out for a muskrat dinner?

Kathleen

Post Number: 2911
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice to meet Dtowncitylover and his aunt. Small world, eh?

Nice to see Jams, Cub, Mikie, Supersport and his gal, Bobzilla, and Plymouthres and Mrs. Plymouthres.

Thanks to those who slid over with me to Cliff Bell's to hear Dave play with the Scott Reiter Trio. Live music needs all the support it can get!!

Sorry I missed you, Gannon!

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1035
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 2:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you guys get together every Thursday?

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 654
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 934
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ANything going on this thursday? I'm actually in town for a change...

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1099
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 12:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, well... when is the next one? Is it okay If I come?

Kathleen

Post Number: 2926
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 7:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sean: All are welcome to show up at these FSC gatherings on Thursday evenings. Just keep checking back on this page during the week to see if and where a gathering is planned.

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1114
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, I'm going to hold you to the "all are welcome" thing though... If that is okay of course. :-)

The Girly and I... (her name is Kally) Kally and I are going to The Tigers Fundraiser Event Gannon posted, so long as others are too. If for some reason that doesn't work out (Thursdays have always seemed to be unlucky for us for some reason), we will be around every single day this week, and in the CBD specifically on Saturday (looking at the Book Cadillac Condos I think), and various other days (including next Thursday). We are apartment hunting, and shopping for our wedding as well. Plus we will be taking note of for rent/lease/sale signs (Gthomas... would love to run into ya').

A couple of our friends/roommates (Stacy, D, Amanda, Tina, and Jennifer) will also be with us off and on, so you guys might get to meet them too (probably not this Thursday, but during the week).

I also want to get my friend Dave to talk with Django about his advertised canvass thing... Not sure if he is going to be there.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.