Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Cat Owners on DetroitYes Roll Call! » Archive through June 19, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Matt
Username: Matt

Post Number: 1294
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello fellow DetroitYes'ers! With all the other silly roll call threads out there, why not one for cats? Post pics of your kitties here! Retroit need not read this thread. :P

Cordy

Cordy!

Piper

Piper

Alan55
Username: Alan55

Post Number: 1816
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Russian Blue, beautiful cat!

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 2453
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 10:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had a cat that died at the age of 24 (quite a few years ago).

She looked similar to your first cat. :-)

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 7193
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 11:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paisley checking in!

Mortgageking
Username: Mortgageking

Post Number: 133
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Magglio in da' house.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 1904
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We had a cat a long time ago. He was a black cat with one white whisker. We called him Midnite. I loved that cat. He was soooo cool. Well, most cats are cool anyway, but, of course, our Midnite was the coolest cat in the neighborhood! :-)

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2455
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like cats but apparently its not becoming for a young African American male to own a cat, well so people tell me. lol

Johnlodge

Post Number: 7198
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mayor, it is not becoming to bump bluegrass in your car either, but you gotta be an individual man!

Mikie
Username: Mikie

Post Number: 168
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boo Boo Kitty checking in !

Boo Boo Kitty 1

Boo Boo Kitty 2

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3258
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Meet Amos, the stray that adopted our family 14 years ago. He thinks he owns the house and everything in it.

He's right.

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 691
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like cats but apparently its not becoming for a young African American male to own a cat, well so people tell me. lol

Hyenas on a leash. You need one of these!

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1311
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't figure out how to put a picture of our cat, Killer, here. Darn. We only have six thousand pics of him. And I know you all want to see each and every one of them!
He has a missing fang, so sometimes he has that Elvis Presley thing going on with his mouth. Also has a wonk eye. Don't know why. He's awesome, though.
So, Kath checking in.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 7208
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paisley reporting from Mouser Training.

Matt
Username: Matt

Post Number: 1295
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Awwww!

Eriedearie

Post Number: 1911
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kath - if you have the picture of Killer you want to post already saved in a file on your computer. This is how you do it.

There at the bottom of the screen where it says Upload Attachment - click on that. It will bring up a box that says add image or attachment. You can then browse your files for the picture you want to post. Once you have that file in the browse box, click on the upload button. From there you will see a box that says file uploaded. Plus when you look at your post you will see a code that is something like "jpeg and some numbers." Click on preview and there Killer will be. Post it and share your Killer with us!

I hope I've explained clearly enough. But once you do the upload a couple of times, it's really easy.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 7211
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The catch is the picture must be smaller than 550 x 550 pixels, and file size smaller than 50kb.

Eriedearie

Post Number: 1914
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah thanks JL - I forgot about the file size restriction. Sorry Kath :-(

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 1023
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kath, Im dyin to see a pic of the One wiskered, one fanged feline named Killer. Any more probs resizing or whatever, ask.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2373
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dang. I wish I had saved-- or, at least, remembered the thread-location of-- my rant about cats, from a couple of years ago. It seemed to be a big hit, although cat-worshipers might find it to be an affront.
If anybody has a suggestion for how to track it down, please speak up. I tried "Ravine+cats" on the search mode, but that didn't work.
Or better yet, maybe one of you can dig it up for my lazy dunderhead ass and provide a link to it.

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 327
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this is Credit, wearing her turtle shell. She has since outgrown it

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1313
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WEll, I couldn't find any 'upload attachment', and then I tried to 'publish to the web' and it said I couldn't do it.

Killer's 15 minutes of fame is going to have to wait.

All of y'all's kitties are too cute! We are all so proud of our little ones, aren't we?

Here's something I did that I kind of regret: I bought him one can of Fancy Feast Restaurant Inspired Elegent Medleys Yellowfin Tuna with Mixed Field Greens in a Delicate Sauce. One three ounce can is 83 cents. And, he eats three cans a day, or so. Well, well, well, now he won't eat anything else.

This stuff is like kitty crack. And, do any of you have to do this? He eats some, then straightens up a bit and waits for me while I push the food back up into a lovely little mound. If I don't do that, he will leave the food at the bottom of the bowl.
I've created a monster. My husband thinks I'm nuts. We don't have any children, so I guess Killer is it!

What do you do for your cat that non-cat people would think is crazy?

Eriedearie

Post Number: 1925
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kath - Upload attachment is right here on this page - right next to Preview/Post Message...see it to the right?

Yeah - I guess you have created a monster in Killer with that Fancy Feast fare! Now you gone and done it! Prepare to pay to keep him happy and well fed! LOL

Try your pics again.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1314
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good grief! It's only the biggest two words on the page. If it was a snake...... I am, once again, amazed that I have come as far as I have in life!

I just tried it, and it worked - EXCEPT I have to make it smaller and can't figure out how. I was so excited for a minute!

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 9052
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My Squeakers got out today, due to my nephew leaving a door open while helping me move.

What a sense of loss!

She adopted me several months ago while I worked at a nursing home around the block from my home this past year. Every day, for two weeks, she'd be waiting for me at the door, or at least nearby, and walk me up to my back porch where I would feed her.

One cold and wet day in November, despite the fact I was not working, I walked down the alley, called her, and she came running.

We walked down the alley together, she, soaking wet, ran up on the porch and I opened the back door for her, and she moved in, despite the anger my Missy, twice her size, has had for her.

It freaked me out that Squeakers was back outside, but she came to me, I brought her back inside, and she avoided an open door like the plague for the rest of the day.

Django

Post Number: 1027
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kath, if you have photoshop or some other type of program, Open that program, then open the pic using that program. Upper left you should be able to find EDIT or someting like that, look for resize and click. Resize your pic to under 400 wide. I usually make them 375. That should be it. just save it where you want. Then do what you did before, just make sure you upload the exact pic you resized.

Im definiately not the right person to walk you through this but it should get you started. I just learned this myself.

Im still wantin to see the one fanged cat.

Good luck.

Jams

Post Number: 9053
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try this!

http://www.reducephoto.com/

Django

Post Number: 1030
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 2:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jams. Jams knows much more about this than I do. What I wrote was probably gibberish.

Jams

Post Number: 9054
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 9:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"It is unbecoming of any heterosexual male to own a cat. IMHO."

We never own cats, they decide that they will grace us with their presence.