Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Yet another page for Ray1936 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jiminnm
Username: Jiminnm

Post Number: 1705
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ray, some time back you mentioned a restaurant in the Las Vegas area that either had a Detroit theme or featured Coneys (I think you may have even posted a photo).

Forgive me, as my memory fades, but could you repost the info about that place. A name and/or address will suffice. We may go through Vegas in Sept to or from Reno, or may make the Barret-Jackson classic car auction there in October. That place sounded like a place for 2 ex-Detroiters to visit.

Thanks for any info.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3283
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's the Motor City Coney Island, Jim, and it's located on Water Street in Henderson the first block south of Lake Mead Parkway (east side of the street). Here's the Google street view:

Folks from all over SE Michigan have signed their names on the walls and counters in there. Just to read them is a trip in itself!

Jiminnm
Username: Jiminnm

Post Number: 1706
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll save the info this time. Thanks, Ray.

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1332
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How long has the place been in business? Is it always busy?

I keep wanting a Coney place where we live. 40 minutes from Branson, Missouri. The city is on Hwy. 65 with about 12,000 residents. Many lower to middle income folks and retirees from the North.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3287
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Place seems to do a darn good lunch business. Slacks off later in the day, and I think they close at 7 PM.

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 6764
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 12:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kath, you already got The Stage Door at Lawrence Welk's Resort. Ain't that enough?

jjaba, LOL.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.