Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Gay Members on DetroitYes Roll Call! » Archive through June 16, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Supergay
Username: Supergay

Post Number: 149
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 12:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Inspired by the Black Members on DetroitYes Roll Call thread ...

Gay posters on the DetroitYes forum check in!

Don't be scurred, mmmbien??

Supergay

Post Number: 150
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 12:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Extra points for black gay members, by the way!

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 902
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I may be superstraight, but Im all behind you supergay (no pun intended) This is such a great forum for ppl to understand eachother. You keep rockin it man.

And a prayer to the man, his family and loves, who was found dead on a Beaufait field.

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 1435
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 8:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Supergay :-)

Supergay

Post Number: 151
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django! Un petit jeu des mots tres astucieux, tres bien!

That is weird and sad about that man who was killed. Really horrible, whatever the motive.
Poor guy, and his poor partner.

Hey Crew, nice to see ya!

Kimistree
Username: Kimistree

Post Number: 149
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You go Supergay! Way to get it started.

Bigglenlake
Username: Bigglenlake

Post Number: 87
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My beloved sister is gay, can I post here?

Supergay

Post Number: 152
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sometimes gay is just a state of mind - anyone can post here if they post in the spirit of acceptance, friendliness and mutual understanding. But we might talk about some gay stuff so no complaining if we do. This thread is technically all-gay all the time!

Of course the gay forum members still need to represent!

Bigglenlake
Username: Bigglenlake

Post Number: 89
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love it already, thank you SG

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 4162
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am not, but Karl called me a man hating Rosie O'Donnell clone or some such once. Can I claim a half point for that?

Crew

Post Number: 1436
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pam, Princess points must be earned!

Sid
Username: Sid

Post Number: 495
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the memory of ItsJeff, there is a gay here. I have a new Mrs. Sid, and we's livin in DC (thanks Dan). Nothing like the D. I miss her.

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 978
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can I also chime in post-humously on behalf of Manrooter...?

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1285
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I want to be a hanger-oner. Where are the gay posters? Come on, y'all - I know you're out there!

Thursdaynext
Username: Thursdaynext

Post Number: 393
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My best friend of 24 years is gay (wish he wasn't living in Florida dammit). Anywho, Mary and his girlfriends pretty much told me I'm a gay man trapped in a womans body...I take this as a huge compliment! Does this earn me any Princess points?

By the way, anyone catch the new season of Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D List last night?

Ffdfd
Username: Ffdfd

Post Number: 313
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 2:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To host such a thread, you need a snappy tag line Supergay. Might I suggest single/thin/neat-atcha.

Crew

Post Number: 1437
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 6:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pam and Thursdaynext both earn princess point just for posting here!

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1288
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 8:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not gay, but some of my lesbian friends wish I was. Can I have some Princess points, please? Or is lesbian different?

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1289
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 8:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where are all the gay readers of DY?

Come on, check in! We have lots to learn from your life experiences.

WhtChk_atcha!

Sknutson
Username: Sknutson

Post Number: 1166
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 9:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fabulous and fierce here.

If I make it back to the D this summer I would love to meet some of the resident DYes Lavenders.

I enjoy your blog, SG.

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 737
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Dyes Lavenders, lol. Kinda like a modern-day Purple Gang, but with hairdryers instead of guns.

My gay best friend gave me clearance to check in, SG. Very sad he is leaving the state. I need a new one!

So, REL checking in. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay *snaps fingers*

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1290
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol at The Lavenders!

Thursdaynext
Username: Thursdaynext

Post Number: 394
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, I figured this has got to be the perfect thread to get some great birthday present suggestions.

My best friend in FLA, mentioned previously, turns 40 at the end of this month. To give you an idea as to how he occasionally feels about this he has referred to being in his "male-menopause-mid-life-crisi s" and has stated that "40 in gay years is like 90 to the rest of the world". Yes, he can be a bit of a drama queen, but usually it's done just for laughs.

Over the past year and 1/2 he has lost a lot of weight and looks fantastic; truly, he is looking hot. So much so that he told me of a recent fling with a guy that looked like he just stepped out of a Tom of Finland illustration -- he claims this is the first time anyone that good looking has come his way. He has also decided to fulfill his "gay destiny" by becoming a hairdresser (he starts classes at the Paul Mitchell school in July).

So what do you get a fabulous, late-blooming diva who is reaching a milestone birthday and who is just now figuring out what he really wants to do with the rest of his life? I thought about some professional hair shears, but I wouldn't know what to get and I hear they can be pretty expensive (I really can't afford to spend more than $100 right now - and that's pushing it)

Your suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Kisses,
La Femme T-Next

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 7139
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 1:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Lavenders? Is that some kind of gay mafia? You better clear it with this guy.

Austinjohn
Username: Austinjohn

Post Number: 336
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can count me as one of the gay posters on DYes, and I have been around way before we had to register in 10-2003.

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 931
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 12:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love it, the Lavenders. Its perfect. I see a HOF spot in the Lavenders future.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1295
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 12:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yay Austinjohn!

Thursday, what about a nice tote for your friend to carry his blow dryer, brushes, etc in?

A pair of comfortable shoes. He'll be standing alot. Gift certificate for a foot massage?

That's all I have.

Supergay

Post Number: 155
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 2:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A pair of comfortable shoes? This is a gay man we're talking about, not a lesbian!

Thursday, let me ruminate on this.

Pcasey
Username: Pcasey

Post Number: 50
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Thursday, let me ruminate on this.

cue the soundtrack from "Holiday for Strings" featuring The Voices Of Walter Schumann.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1303
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OMG, what was I thinking? I'm so embarrassed. I really DO know better than that.