Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Saturday night in Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 619
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I realize that the FCS is usually on Thursday, but since it is the holiday weekend, Mrs. Res and I were thinking about taking in the River Walk this Saturday night and perhaps going out to eat somewhere downtown. I was just wondering if any other people out there were interested.......Gannon, Jams, Mikie, Kathleen, Sport, anyone else?

All comments and suggestions welcome! It would be cool to meet up with some of those folks who can't make it out to a normal THURSDAY FSC night!

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 13288
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thursday is going to be a hugely busy day in Hamtramck and the New Center area, and it is likely, although not confirmed, that I'll be taking a quick trip to NYC for the weekend.

If I don't, count me in!

I'd much rather it be centered around the New Center area, though, if we can help it...although Saturday sounds like the easiest day for me to skip the CityFest.

Both Friday and Sunday nights are MUST-SEES though...too many of my coffeehouse regulars will be performing at the Park stage...or the Grassy Knoll as Melody calls it.

You want to bring Baile Corcaigh some business, or were you thinking Greek...or get a schwarma fix?

Plymouthres

Post Number: 620
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We were really interested in the River Walk, so food is secondary! The CityFest sounds cool and we are up for anything in and around the city.

I don't care who gets our "donation" as long as we spend it somewhere downtown!:-)

The schwarma fix sounds good, too!!

Decisions, decisions....

I do hope that you are around, as it's been a few weeks too many...

I'll text you on Saturday morning and we'll go from there, okay? Perhaps some others will chime in with their suggestions, too!

Cheers, my friend!

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 9207
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let me know as well, I can really use a night of laughs, right about now!

Plymouthres

Post Number: 622
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, I'll call you as well in the am Saturday, Jams. Good to hear from you as we've missed you, too.

I agree with the "laughs" as well!!

Mikie
Username: Mikie

Post Number: 173
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not sure whats going Saturday, I'll give you a call as the date approaches and let you know if I can make it.

A night on River Walk followed by a cold beer will be hard to pass up!

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 560
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey guys.
I would love to hang out but the neighborhood decided to have the movie night and BBQ on Saturday.

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 677
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub- We will try to make it.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 633
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub-

Come on down to CityFest tonight, meet us at the Park Stage (aka:Grassyknoll) and we will hang out for a bit! We should be there by six or so....hopefully!

Gannon

Post Number: 13334
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was that YOU that called when I was in front of Thornetta's left speaker bank, PlyRes?

I thought it was my father...I couldn't hear a thing...I went back to the Park a few times and didn't see y'all.

Bummer I missed you both...but what a great time, I found a 1964D penny on the ground and then this amazing woman crossed my path.

Just when Thornetta stirred up her trademark song, "Meet Me With Your Black Drawls On"...and I realized for the first time EVER in forever seeing her sing this tune...I actually HAD black shorts on, my bicycle shorts!

I just got in, but have an early flight to NYC...see y'all when I get back. Hope the rest of YOUR weekend is great.

I'm going to be trying Absinthe...

Pgn421

Post Number: 679
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 8:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon- Let me know how you like the Absinthe!!

Plymouthres

Post Number: 639
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon-

Yeah, our company didn't leave until 8:00, so needless to say, we didn't get there and I was calling to let you know.

Have a great trip and let us know when you get back!

Hope the show was awesome!

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 9244
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any decisions re; Place, time?

Plymouthres

Post Number: 640
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jams-

I'll call as soon as we get in touch with Mikie and let you know.

Gannon

Post Number: 13339
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm here, two shots of Czech Absinthe into my day...it will be a curious weekend.

Flight was stellar, life is looking good.

Pgn421

Post Number: 681
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cub- how did movie nite go?

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 566
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sound went out on the projector five minutes into National Treasure 2. not a huge turnout anyways. Not a lot of people home in the neighborhood last night for some reason lol.
I may have to have Gannon give me some tips on audio.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1462
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I can go back in time Plymouthres, I will be happy to join you and your group for a river walk.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.