Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Cat Owners on DetroitYes Roll Call! » Archive through June 27, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ragtoplover59
Username: Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 274
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We have 3 on hand at all times over the last 13 yrs lol
2 black
2 orange
and 2 Gray/mixed

1 orange ,may her soul RIP, was the most unhappy cat you ever seen, came as a stray that wouldn't leave, stayed (or lived ) in one of the girls rooms her entire stay with us. we had 3 different houses while she was with us and she still roomed with the same child.
We had to put her down last fall, Enter Gus! (got to have 3 cats here or else lol)

One looks gentle, the other looks "Get the hell out of my way"

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3281
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Our family member, Amos (way up the thread line) is black and is long haired. He gets hairballs on his body that would challenge plastic man. Usually they end up getting combed out, but frequently they're such a tangled knot that the scissors have to come out. He's pretty mellow about it, though.

Must confess I envy folks with short-haired cats.

Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 275
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cheerio is the one I'll miss the most when his time comes. 6 years ago I broke my right wrist in a 4-wheeler accident, I started sleeping with my arm (in the cast) outstretched on a pillow.
Cheerio started sleeping next to me at that time and still does! If I stay up late, he will hang out somewhere else, But as soon as I hit the bed and pull the sheet up, He jumps up to claim his spot next to me.
If I even lay in the floor, he will still come lay next to me, He's my Buddy!

my last cat story of the night, Promise:-)

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1326
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Awwwwww, Cheerio is tooo cozy!
And, meanwhile, that's a skunk, right? Cheerio looks pretty calm.

Ray, you have a cat Christmas ornament. Yes, Amos owns you! I like his whiskers. Do you brush him once a day? I have a comb/tool thing that pulls the downy hair out so that your cat doesn't eat it. He likes it, and you should see the mounds of soft under-fur that comes off of him (spring/summer mostly).

He is throwing up alot the last couple of days. I'm guessing that even though I brush him all the time, he is still ingesting too much fur. I would get him trimmed, but husb wouldn't go for it. Says Killer would fall over too much. Off-balance.

Anyone have an opinion on the "orange tabby cats are the best" question? We did read it somewhere, I'm not trying to start a fight:-)

Ragtop, you know you want to post another picture. Go on, it's great.

Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 276
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I didn't say I wouldn't be back, just not another of my stories. This clip was on the web today, I guess it fits here.
http://www.ugoto.com/video_dea d_tired.html

Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 277
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I do have two interesting things to tell about cats, But I'm out on the patio and it's getting dark, I can't see the keys I'm hitting.

see you here again soon Kathinozarks:-)

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 1942
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not my cat, but I just had to add this.

BOO -

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1329
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bigb, that kitten is over-the-top cute, but Boomer still wins the prize for hilarious.

How on earth do you get your cat to wear a costume?

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 9066
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Do you guys think that orange (red) cats are more friendly than other cats, in general?

Nah, once a cat decides you are worthy, despite the color, they give us so much love.

All of my cats were totally different in personalities, my first two, Kali and Demian, were brother and sister.

Demian, a mostly black shorthair, hated to be handled or petted, but he slept on my legs below my knees almost every night making them numb when I woke up in the morning.

Kali, a true Calico, had to be by me, whenever I was home. She slept on my shoulder next to my ear purring all night long.

Sorry, no pics of those two, but I'm so glad to see the pics of those special animals that make our lives so much better from the rest of you.

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 837
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 12:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Our two fat cats.

Black Jack

This is Black Jack, the one I will soon be taking for walks on Belle Isle and the River Walk. He also plays fetch with plastic bracelets and my hair tyes.

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 840
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 12:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Coconut

Here's one We just took of the Newbie... Coconut

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1331
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 8:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sean, you have FOUR CATS!? The fat cats sleeping is priceless. They really are pretty, all of them. Congratulations on the new addition Coconut.

Jams, that's funny about how they sleep all over you. Killer sleeps on our bed in the winter, at the foot, on MY SIDE ONLY. Consequently, I am not allowed to stretch out at all. Killer's comfort comes first, dont'cha know.

So, the whole orange cats being nicer/better is very possibly untrue?

Another question: Has anyone read the Shirley Rousseau Murphy, Joe Grey Mysteries about cats who talk? I'm reading the first one right now. Is it a good series?

Matt
Username: Matt

Post Number: 1297
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cordy likes to get dressed up...

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6650
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here are my two...

That's Kitty. We didn't name him. We have him because someone my wife and I worked with was losing their apartment and this person asked if we could "cat sit for a few weeks". Nine years later they still haven't come back for him :-) He was originally a stray.

This is Dusty, we got him so that he could keep Kitty company. He was a pound kitty.

Cats are great, you don't have to walk them or let them out, and as long as they have food and water they are good to go!

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4858
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's my boss checking in...

ll

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2383
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

C'mon! Somebody's gotta help me find my much-earlier post on the subject of cats and cat owners! I could do another one, but for me, writing is like giving birth, and I already delivered that baby...

Evelyn
Username: Evelyn

Post Number: 320
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 2:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathinozarks- I've had several cats, and yes, I think orange cats are especially friendly. I've heard a recording of a song that's titled "Orange Cats Make the Very Best Friends." Though I did have a calico named Coyote, who was great- a snuggler who played fetch. Don't have a scanned pic of her. But all the orange kitties I've known have been very sweet.

Ragtoplover59- Cheerio is very cute.

Sean_of_detroit- Awww, they're cuddling! Four cats? I'm a bit jealous.

Cats are great companions, and even though they'll break your heart in the end, it's worth it. When I'm done traveling, I'll be a cat owner again.

One more picture: Tiggy, on the right, who lived to the ripe old age of 20. And thanks to everyone else who shared pictures and stories!

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 870
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 7:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That Orange cat is a sweetie. You can tell from the pic. LOL!

I'm loving all your pics guys!

Cordy is cracking me up all dressed up.

Ravine, it is probably obvious that I am the exact opposite case. I love to wright.

BigglenLake, another LivernoisYard right there... Heterosexuals don't like cats? GIVE ME A BREAK!?

Now, I'm still waiting to see the "Amazing Levitating Kitten". LOL!

Hey, does anyone have a "water cat"? The Girly and I are thinking about trying to breed some once we get our new place. If you don't know what I am talking about, Google "Turkish Van cats".

Terridarlin
Username: Terridarlin

Post Number: 62
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 7:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lola Kitty, our stray that showed up last winter, she's a very sweet cat. It's been great looking at all the cat pictures. Bigb23 laughed out loud at your picture.
lola kitty 4

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3289
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Darn that Lowell. His abilities with a camera makes me want to throw mine in the trash.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4859
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's not the photographer Ray; it's the photogenic star talent I was shooting. [At least that's what she thinks.] You can tell from the waning patience in her left eye.

Now if I could just get her to puke in her litter box, she would be perfect.

Hooha
Username: Hooha

Post Number: 177
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This thread is beginning to remind me of one of my favorite websites: stuffonmycat.com.

Matt

Post Number: 1298
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One of my favorite websites is http://www.icanhascheezburger. com/. Lolcats rock. :-)

Matt

Post Number: 1299
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Couple more of Cordy...

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1335
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cordy is adorable!

AIW, Kitty is a very happy cat, you can tell by his eyes. He lucked out, didn't he!
I love Dusty's eyes, black on nose and chin, and the fact that it looks like he's smiling.

Cats always look like they are smiling, don't they.

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 822
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a 10 week old kitten I recieved from a friend several weeks back. She keeps me company. Shes very rowdy. I like taking care of her and look forward to seeing her when I get home.

Detroitbred
Username: Detroitbred

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am happy to see this thread for cat lovers. Been one all my life...even converted my husband into one! We have three now, had 4 a while back. I am the crazy cat person who feed and tried to care for as many as 10 cats and kittens where I work, in our construction yard. One of my cats is a stray from there. They are all different but each is special in it's own way. I look forward to coming home from work everyday to be met at the door by all of them. I think people who say they don't like cats are misinformed and have never had a cat in their lives!

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1342
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome, Detroitbred! Can you add pics? I bet I would try to feed 10 cats, too, if my husband was a little more crazy. He is the only reason that all the cats in the neighborhood don't eat all their meals under our carport!

When we come home, Killer is always there waiting to be fed and loved on. It's really cute when he is sitting at the end of our driveway, just waiting.

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 1099
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 2:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im a dog guy, I love them all, even those damn pitbulls in my hood that are being trained to bite and be "just plain mean". I have their sympathy.

Ive never really been a cat person but I love all these little creatures. I love just lookin on this thread for the pics. And Im bummed "Boomer" is no longer available for viewing. I really didnt see the controversy in that. It was a cat with a bomb, what the hell?
I have all the respect in the world for Lowell, I hope he knows that, but if I uploaded a photo of myself strapped with TNT would that be removed?

Im getting off subject, I love the cat pics. Ive actually got several strays hiding in my weeds scouting out mice everyday. Im bummed none of them take a liking to me. Id love to take in a stray for just that purpose, of catching the mice. I might just try putting out a little tuna by my door to see if I can make friends.

Keep the cat pics commin, I love em, they make my day a little easier.

Oh yeah, Im looking for a puppy, a Border Collie. I DO NOT WANT A PUREBRED. Im looking for a Mutt with Border Collie in him (male only please)

Anyone,, anyone?

Sorry to stray off into dog territory, but an animal lover is an animal lover.

Maye I should try the poor but good looking roll call thread for a Collie, LOL.

I love ALL your pics.

Lnfant
Username: Lnfant

Post Number: 16
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

from icanhascheezburger.com:

from icanhascheezburger.com