Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » ::: FSC Meetups ::: » FSC for July 17 Tiger Stadium Conservancy Fundraiser « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 13329
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a unilateral executive decision for everyone.

I just got an e-mail from KbKav regarding the fund-raiser for the Stadium Conservancy.

Her e-mail text:
Save the date for Thursday, July 17. We will be hosting a fund-raiser at the venerable Anchor Bar from 6:30 to 10 p.m. There will be some music and a chance to talk with board members. The full $10 cover will go to OTSC.

One last thing, OTSC will be featured on Detroit Today on Monday morning (July 7th) at 10:15 or 10:30. So tune into WDET 101.9 FM to hear more about what we've been up to.

Cheers to her and the group, come out EARLY...and I'll see you after the Open Mic, around 9:30 or so.

For those NOT in the know, the Anchor is on Fort Street just east of the financial district.

Bring an appetite, their kitchen is far above standard bar fare...even something as simple as grilled cheese is out-of-this-world!

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1034
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 2:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What type of music? Who is performing?

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1100
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 12:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think I will be there...

Anyone else?

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2927
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 7:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm definitely thinking about it....

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1112
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm more than thinking about it. I have no plans Thursday night. So, I'm there... as long as people will actually be there this time.

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1137
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon, do I need to pre register for this anywhere? Will it be okay if I come a little before 8pm? Is that to late?

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 680
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sean-

You have some balls, son. You get a special invite to attend a function, then decide you ain't coming. Then you have the audacity to say ..."as long as people will actually be there this time."? What, exactly, is your problem?

Just show up. The rest of us will decide when we will be there. If you make it fine, if you don't, that's fine, too.

I really hope that you make it. I want to meet you, cause you can't be as back and forth in real life as you are in writing here, that's for sure.

Perhaps you will make some sense in person, too.......but then again I've always been a glass half full kind of guy!

You missed a bunch of us today at the fort, even after your personal invite.

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1150
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 7:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Plymouthers... I really didn't mean it that way. I meant that I would be their and just wanted to make sure some of you guys were going at that time and such too. I didn't mean to be rude. I just wanted to make sure I had it right. I also wanted to make sure 8pm is okay. I was trying to verify, that's all.

I had a family member in an accident... It wasn't someone I was particularly close with, but that person is not going to be okay. I couldn't and shouldn't have not been there for my family, who was very close to him. I apologized as best I could, and even said that I owed you all something for it (at the very least a drink or something, or maybe some hours helping clean up around the Fort... or SOMETHING)I'm sorry the post was so brief.

I'm very frustrated I was not there. It's not like me to change my plans on a whim like that, it really was a freak thing. I had to stick around here, I had to.

Sigh... :-(

Seriously, if there is something I could do to make it up to you guys, tell me!

No one is more disappointed than I am. I was bragging to Amanda and Kally that you paged me with the invite and everything. I really thought I was going... :-(

What do you guys want to do this week? If you can't do something this week, then when?

I'm going to this charity event (I don't have to RSVP and stuff, correct?), and I'd also be up for anything else you all have in mind. I want to visit the Fort, and I like this movie night thing being planned in the "Connect" section. I would love to see Cub's gardens too, and what's going on over at Wigle Field.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 9364
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 7:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go or don't go, simple as that.

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 4264
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 9:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dude, not a good idea to post your phone number on here. Just saying.

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1153
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, I took your advice on that Pam, and deleted that post. It was a cell number though, I didn't think it could do any harm. It's not that big of a deal, is it?

I'm to trusting aren't I?

It is listed, and I have given my name out on here plenty of times. So anyone could look me up. I mean really, it's blind paranoia, isn't it? What is the worst that could happen? Someone might call me up and ask if my refrigerator's running... LOL! I don't know, I don't see how it's different than an E-mail address in this day and age.

A house phone number, that is a little different, but a cell phone? I don't know. I took your advice anyway.

I've had that same number for almost a decade, and so everyone I have met in our whole metro has it. I get some of the strangest calls. Sometimes it's neat, like old friends randomly calling surprised it was still a valid number.

I don't know, I like to think I have nothing to hide. I do get some strange calls. All in all it's all in good fun though. I do get the occasional nut, but nothing to bad. I also get a lot of telemarketers, religious wackos, and wrong numbers. I kind of enjoy it. It's so fun to talk to random people. LOL! You haven't lived to you've had a thirty minute conversation with a complete stranger calling the wrong number, or had a steamy chat with someone who was originally trying to sell you mini blinds. The religious people are my favorite. I could talk with them for hours on end. It's so funny at first, they have no idea what to do when you don't hang up on them. I actually read them excerpts from Gannon's "All Will Fail" thread before. I mean, if they are going through all that effort to convert me, they better be ready for a good debate.

I guess you're probably right, bad idea I guess. Still, I don't see exactly why. The only semi real problem I have is with the occasional call and hang up when I answer. I think it's an ex from a couple years ago, but really am not sure. It started happening when we broke up, and has never stopped. Weird. I guess if something did ever happen, I could just switch numbers. I think people are general trust-able though. You just have to know what to do when you do meet someone who is not. I feel pretty safe in Detroit though. It's the image, it makes me feel safe. They'd have to venture into the city to mess with me, and most are actually to scared to do that. LOL!

But, whatever. I don't want to get in trouble with DYES Admins. I deleted it. No worries.

Gannon

Post Number: 13418
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No trouble with the admins HERE, it is the bitter lurkers who have been banned yet cannot stay away who will give you the most grief, Sean.

Poor fellows with nothing better to do with their lives than follow our every word and action...

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 4265
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I guess you're probably right, bad idea I guess. Still, I don't see exactly why

Well Sean, if you don't mind talking to wrong numbers or prank callers then I guess there isn't a problem. I would be bothered by that.
I also thought your number might get posted on that "other site".

Kathleen

Post Number: 2938
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dave and I are planning to be at the Anchor Bar on Thursday, barring any last minute gigs! Hope to see a few DYes'rs out there to raise their glass to Tiger Stadium and support the cause.

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1155
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I should have said BTW, that I'm planning on it, but still have to check with Kally.

Another BTW; she is supposedly making a name on here.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1429
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 5:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hope I can make this one...or any one for that matter.

Kathleen

Post Number: 2940
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bump...

Hope to see some of Forumers at the Anchor Bar tonight for FSC in tandem with the Old Tiger Stadium Conservancy's fundraiser there.

I expect we'll be there by 8pm.

Gannon

Post Number: 13481
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If all things go well, y'all have a new face to meet...someone I met at Thornetta's CityFest performance, beginning the poetry.

She worked late last night, so it's 50/50 at this point!

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 608
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am going to try to make it down. I have practice till 6:30 and I am picking up fall crops from The Greening of Detroit so I should be there around 8:00 or 8:30.

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1176
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon, still planning on around 8. If I'm not there, don't wait up though. As I said, Thursday things are always going to be problematic for me.

Otherwise, how will I know whose DYES?

Gannon

Post Number: 13495
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will be at my coffeehouse gig until after nine...not at the Anchor until after nine-thirty...just stand at the end of the bar and beat your chest with your best King-Kong yodel, and we'll come a-scampering to your side, ready to administer our famous Heimlich-hug secret handshake.

What's THAT you say?!

Just look for Cub, he'll be the biggest guy in the room with the biggest grin on his face...plus, his picture is all over this place. The rest of us are anonymous, lurking in the shadows. We'll find YOU, just keep calling your best-half Girlie!

Gannon

Post Number: 13497
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn,

I just realized I made a mistake in that first post...Anchor is just WEST of the financial district...gots my head turned backwards.

Sorry, do as I DO not as I say...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.