Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Im still lookin for a decent graffiti artist. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 1265
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ive got a nice canvas on the side of my shack that is calling for some spray. Its all legit. I cant pay anything but praise. I would of course need to see some portfolio. I do not want any noobs unless you can prove yourself by way of portfolio.

Anyone,, anyone?

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 396
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 1:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hah i forgot all about this until you put this up, and then today he messages me this out of the blue...

"HEY Dont tell me that good idea and get me excited and then never let me know any of the details....That sux and i really was happy to have a challange tossed at me like that one.. I still want to do it.. on a grand scale, but i need to get the details, I hope this wasnt just bar talk,,,call me at home atleast any time before 11pm "

so I holla's back and am waiting to hear back from him. I'll be in Shelby MI diskgolfing it up til Tuesday, but if something is to be done it can get started then

Django

Post Number: 1280
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 3:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im down Alley. Just let me know what to do.

Tell him this is not just bar talk and would love to see his portfolio, I dont expect a fancy pants set of pics inside Corinthian Leather type portfolio. Just some pics.

Im simple.

Im in the hood.

I live in a shack.

But with a good canvas that could bring some cred to my hood, with the right artist.

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1113
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django,

I have someone you need to meet! He's pretty talented... he is a HUGE Detroit supporter too. The only reason he is not on here, is because he doesn't have Internet. I'll try and get him here to see this somehow though.

Hey, are you going to the charity FSC thing for Tiger Stadium on Thursday? I should be there.

Django

Post Number: 1297
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Havnt heard about it Sean, Ill look into it though. I am about to head over to Cubs in a few though.

Django

Post Number: 1298
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ill try and be there, didnt realize FSC was the forum social club or whatever. You should try and make it to cubs with your 5 girlfriends. That would be a treat.

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1119
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Probably not as much as you are imagining Django... lol.

All of them will not be with with me at the charity event, probably just Kally and maybe Amanda. I'm sure they would all love to meet all of you though... but just... please be respectable.

One of them is engaged, and another has kids. So... yeah...

It's not like it sounds... oh, never mind. :-)

PS: Cubs?

(Message edited by Sean_of_Detroit on July 12, 2008)

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1122
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cubs! Wow!

Okay! I hadn't read that entire Urban Gardening Thread. Gardening, it really isn't my thing. A small garden might be neat, but I'd prefer to stick to the urban life.

That is, until I saw that thread. Amazing!

I am only on page three, brake time (or rather, end of brake time, lol). I will be reading the rest of it later tonight. Cub's Garden.... Just wow!

Django, I don't want to volunteer them without asking, but I think they would be willing to come by. One of them in particular is really going to LOVE the whole community garden idea. I'm sorry I didn't read this sooner. I just thought it was about backyard gardening or something. I REALLY feel like such an idiot right now.

I'm seriously not even past May 7th, and I have some pretty neat ideas and things to build to help you guys (the whole electrician thing...). I can't wait to read the rest. I WILL be out there to help you soon! I will also be dragging at least a few (if not all) of them with me.

Let me read the rest later, and I'll post again with more of the 411 on my part.

PS: Django, I thought both you and Cubs were married for some reason...

(Message edited by Sean_of_Detroit on July 12, 2008)

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 2207
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is cool looking, Dj, and ties into Urban Gardening.

Django

Post Number: 1305
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are the ties obvious and I dont see them or does the artist have some ties?? I like it and am interested if you DO know the artist.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 2215
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just off the web Dj. Sorry. But here's a tie.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1436
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can do it for free Django, but it won't be "Art".

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.