Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Handball players for Belle Isle games « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 918
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looking for people who want to play one on one handball at Belle Isle.

I'm good but nothing special and enjoy competitive games. Not extreme-its all about fun,challenge and a workout.
Sometimes beers after, summer in Michigan rules. Racquetball is usually the dominant sport at these courts. Let me know and I'll post my email so I don't loose it in the junk email. Enjoy the summer and got out of the house!

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1425
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the invite, Vas, but the only hand ball I play these days would get me thrown in the clink.

Tponetom
Username: Tponetom

Post Number: 311
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vas:
I cannot resist. A serious handball player never mentions the word, "racquetball" (ugh).
Racquet ball is what old and decrepit and retired handball players, like me, fear most in our afterlife. The racquet is too heavy and the ball has little bounce to it.
My favorite memory of the old wooden handball courts on Belle Isle was the year I (right court) teamed with Bobby Ambros (left court) and we beat Steve August and his father, Dr. August in the finals of the Class A Doubles Tournament>.
A few short years later, I played Steve in a Singles match and he simply 'buried' me.
Steve was of 'national caliber', and a great sportsman on and off the court.
"Cadillac" Bobby was a fixture at the courts, as were most of us. The trunk of his Caddy' was a 'portable' bar.

Vas

Post Number: 920
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sweet. Nice victory
Cadillac Bobby, sounds like a great character to have around.

Yeah with that extra 2 foot reach with the racquet they sure huf and puff like they're getting a workout.

Vas

Post Number: 922
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

back to the top. please

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 4277
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Email Lowell, he plays.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.