Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » I had a dream... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dtowncitylover
Username: Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 217
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So I had a dream last night that the central tower the RenCen suddenly collapsed. I remember it exploding first like Hudson's did, but the other four towers of the RenCen where not even touched. It was a very panicy dream with lots of people. I was thinking it could be a vision of the automobile industry collapsing on itself. Any ideas? Has anyone had a similar dream?

I know this isn't exactly "Connecting", but I thought it to be too silly to put in the Discuss Detroit, but was about Detroit so couldn't go in Non-Detroit.

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 709
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I lived in Detroit, I could see the downtown skyline from Gratiot nearby.

The fall after the 67 riots, I had a dream as a child, that Godzilla was attacking downtown and the Penobscot building, never forgot that dream...LOL!!

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 2340
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dtcl - here's a link to a web site that my niece has had some luck with the interpretation of dreams.

http://www.dreammoods.com/drea mdictionary/

However, I think your own interpretation is pretty darn close.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 13476
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 12:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DtownCL,

Do you live here? Are you nearby and able to meetup? I'm relatively flexible until six o'clock.

Curious...

Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 218
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon, I'm in Montréal for the moment. I was going to add that, but didn't. Why do you ask?

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 13494
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DtownCL,

I'm sure you wouldn't want to talk about the significance of your dream here...it dovetails with certain dreams and/or visions I've had in the past. There may be other details or other things you've dreamt that may enhance your understanding of this one.

I am curious to learn your spiritual or mystical background, or if this has ever happened to you before?

It was enough of you to be bold to mention it here...with the certain backlash from the peanut gallery.

I'm amazed so far at the lack of it, actually, but most of the bozos spend most of their time on NON-Detroit side.

I'm HOPING it is merely a warning or prediction of the auto industry failure...but with GHW's distinct lack of funding our hometown industries, the evildoers may indeed try another 9/11, only in our backyard instead.

I've been expecting another False Flag Operation before the election, but have been previously thinking they'd do the west-coast ports instead nuclearly.

But why would they invest in something they INTENDED to destroy, to send the populace into the frenzy they need to effect their plans to throw us into totalitarian rule?!

Cheers...somehow in the midst of this strange conversation, sorry in advance for ruffling any comfortable feathers in the crowd.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 1467
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

post removed for stupidity...

(Message edited by gnome on July 17, 2008)

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 7664
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOOPS! Wrong door.

[slowly backs out of the thread]

Benfield
Username: Benfield

Post Number: 36
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The central tower is the hotel. The four left standing are GM.

Maybe you've foreseen the collapse of the hospitality industry and the survival of the auto industry.

Or....

cuckoo

Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 221
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I knew the Benfield. But the tallest tower does have the GM nameplate on it! The Marriott name is on the southwest tower, looking from Jefferson. I'm sure we've all had our taste of weird dreams. And with two new hotels coming to the city, I don't think I'm visioning the collapse of the hospitality industry. Don't call me crazy because of one dream, you don't even know me!

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 2861
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 12:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HAHA! Gnome, Johnlodge & Benfield. :-)

Dtowncitylover, that's an interesting vision you had. It possibly is a sign of things to come.

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 721
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 12:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The news has been filled with GM's financial woes, and those who are retired or still work for the company probably do not need to fall asleep to have dreams (nightmares) about it.

Obviously you have been deeply affected by it, even though I am pretty sure that have never worked for the company. I have indirectly, thru a contract agency at the Tech Center for a few years in the late 80s.

I have had dreams related to these trying times, since even some of the commercials on TV mention it, but so far I have been unable remember enough about them to recall any details when I wake up.

(Message edited by Flanders_field on July 18, 2008)

Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 222
Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2008 - 12:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your right Flanders, I have never worker for GM, my grandpa worked for Chrysler! But I have been deeply affected by it because I am scared that if GM goes down, it will bring Detroit with it which is one thing I never want to see happen.

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 365
Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2008 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The fact that Bush said he would not help G.M. if they did need it is the frightening thing about it. Everbody else gets bailed out except Detroits' Big Three, sickening.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.