Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » "The Dark Knight" « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Maof2
Username: Maof2

Post Number: 77
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, who went and how cool was it?

Yupislyr
Username: Yupislyr

Post Number: 292
Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2008 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lives up to the hype I'd say. I don't normally go to the movies, let alone midnight showings, but it was worth it.

Ledger as the Joker was awesome.

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 1009
Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2008 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good lord...That had to be the most vile, and...disgusting performance I have ever seen in my life...

It was amazing...

Ledger...and Eckhart were both the tops I thought...totally outshined Bale...which was incredibly difficult to do because Bale is hands down the finest man to play Bruce Wayne...

Excellent Movie....

it was better than I had anticipated...I don't want to wait another 3 years for the next one though!

Scout
Username: Scout

Post Number: 17
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 1:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ledger was awesome. I want to see a movie with just his scenes back to back.

Overall, I thought it was overly long (like too many movies these days) and overly complicated. For starters, with such a wonderfully diabolical Joker, why on earth do you need any other villains???!

But it's worth seeing for the jokey one.

D_mcc

Post Number: 1022
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who were the other Villians???

Dtowncitylover
Username: Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 223
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 2:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was surprised that they killed off Harvey Dent/Two Face so quickly, I thought they would make another movie based on his character.

Scout

Post Number: 18
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who were the other Villians???

I guess spoilers are okay here??

As is noted above, Two Face is featured pretty heavily toward the end of the movie. Scarecrow makes an appearance at the beginning.

(Message edited by Scout on July 21, 2008)

D_mcc

Post Number: 1029
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Twoface isn't a villian in this one though...

He's a vigilante who was seeking revenge only on those who were to blame for the death of his love. His purpose was to show the stark differences between Dent...who was able to break his morals to win, against that of Batman, who is unable to comprimise in order to defeat the villian.

So I would argue that Dent/Two Face is NOT a villian....and come on...scarecrow was there for roughly...3 minutes, and even then, it seemed as though HE was a vigilante because they certainly didn't make a fuss about catching him, even thought they said at the end of batman begins that Crane was still on the loose.

Penguin and Riddler are next up

Scout

Post Number: 20
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whether they were villains or no, I think this Joker was compelling enough to be the sole focus of the movie. The others seemed superfluous and just made me impatient to get back to the interesting guy.

Islandman
Username: Islandman

Post Number: 1722
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ledger took Joker to the next level. He really stood out, imo.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3434
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Barnum said, "Whenever money runs short, just make another Batman movie".

Or something like that.

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1231
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Would it be this popular if he didn't die?

No disrespect intended, I'm sure his performance is great. But would it have gotten so much attention if he was still alive?

Islandman
Username: Islandman

Post Number: 1728
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You obviously haven't seen it. The answer would be yes.

Let's just say if he was still alive, he would the man in Hollywood right now.

I'm not sure if they give Oscars posthumously, but if they do, he definitely should get it.

D_mcc

Post Number: 1036
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Only once in history...

He's a shoe in...the preformance was so captivating...Sean, I kid you not...Do you ever go to movies...and you KNOW what the actor is like, personally because of they way they are on screen? I lost Heath in that preformance...which...I can totally understand why he was using the drugs he was using, because I couldn't sleep well after watching the character...I can't even begin to fathom what it was like to be that immersed in that twisted of a mind...

Revaldullton
Username: Revaldullton

Post Number: 1108
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 12:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ledger was a great actor. I liked everything he was in except for Brokeback Mountain.

I just could not buy him as a cowboy. His accent did not do it for me.

Otherwise, that young man would have been one of the great ones.

the good rev

oh yea, how the hell does one pay 33k per month for a damn apt like he did here in Manhattan?
ugh what a waste of money

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 375
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, the first time I saw it. It was the best movie ever in life.

Ok, the second I saw it after the hype died down. I thought Heath was good, but I thought the script kind of made him too demented. I remember the Joker as being someone I hate, but can't help but laugh at the way he was getting over on Bat Man. This Joker (thought the performance was good) all performance and little character(I blame the script), for example I was burnt out on the knife thing. It was like they didn't have anything else for him to say. I don't think this will spoil it for anyone, but the way the Joker was introduced to the mob was IMO weak he got away with way too much stuff before they knew he had grenades in his pocket (which should've been C4 or something more dangerous). I could go on but I would be here all day, or maybe I'm being too critical because Batman is my favorite superhero and the Joker my favorite villan. All in all I will still watch this one over and over. Last thing I think the movie should've done was start off where the last one left off. At the end of Batman Begins the Joker left his calling card, In The beginning of The Dark Night Batman and wasn't that concerned with the Joker in the beginning, that seemed odd to me. Ok I'm done.

The movie was good don't get me wrong, I just expected alittle more.

Detroiterbychoice
Username: Detroiterbychoice

Post Number: 58
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ledger was awesome. Really good. Im actually pissed at him for dying now because he cant do another joker film.

And I had trouble sleeping after I saw it too. I had a dream that I went to the doctor and they cut open my stomach because I had a hernia, but they couldnt sew it back up because it had to heal first? I had to go through my daily routine and my intestines kept falling out and I almost lost them. Bat Shit Crazy.

Scout

Post Number: 21
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had a dream that I went to the doctor and they cut open my stomach because I had a hernia, but they couldnt sew it back up because it had to heal first? I had to go through my daily routine and my intestines kept falling out and I almost lost them.

Were your guts ringing?

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2471
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Do you know how I got these scars?" I have been asking people this all day and then making up my own story. Its funny but some who havent seen the movie think I am a little nuts.

Damn shame dude is dead because I really cant think of anyone to replace him as probably the best on screen villan since Darth Vader or Dr. Lecter.

Alsodave
Username: Alsodave

Post Number: 1137
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 8:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Agree with you, Mayor. The only person I can think that might be able to pull it off is Brad Dourif--but he might be too old for the part.

D_mcc

Post Number: 1044
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BUT SHE WOULDN'T LOOK AT ME! I DID THIS FOR HER!

Mike
Username: Mike

Post Number: 1473
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 10:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bragaboutme, i totally agree.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.