Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » ::: FSC Meetups ::: » July 24 FSC - Anyone interested? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gertrude
Username: Gertrude

Post Number: 95
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm going to be in Midtown tomorrow evening and was wondering if anyone wanted to meet up around 8? I'm thinking either the Park for some of the heavenly Shawarma or Motor City Brewing Works to assuage my craving for a ghettoblaster. I love the patio there.

Who's in?

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 13576
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They've got Ghettoblaster at the Park, too...and I think even Foran's.

Dunno...anyone else? I could go for either schwarma OR pizza...and Jams could cook for us if he's working Thursday night at Foran's.

I'll be late, as usual, got my Open Mic to stage, then the gear has to get to Audra's for the next Dinner and a Show...which should be stellar.

Cheers

Gertrude

Post Number: 96
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where's Foran's?

Gannon

Post Number: 13578
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Woodward just north of Jefferson by a few blocks on the east side of the street...parking is better after six.

I just remembered, SandyRabbit (from here) is having a show at the Majestic Thursday night...and I just learned that Audra is working there now...so can we make it Majestic for food and music?

I promised Sandy I'd be there for her gig, hope I can be on time...look up Velveteen Rabbit for more info, she's up with two other groups...Prussia and Film School.

Show starts at eight...

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2949
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Majestic sounds like a fun time! Unfortunately I can't make it this week...I'll be bumping and singing to the likes of KC and the Sunshine Band and The Village People at Freedom Hill. I won the tickets, and so am treating my sister for her birthday so that we can reminisce about the dancing days of years past!

Gertrude

Post Number: 97
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon - Majestic sounds great to me. I loves me some good live music and VR's MySpace left a good impression. I have a meeting until around seven and then I can make my way down.

Kathleen - have fun at Freedom Hill. My oldest had a real thing for the Village People's "Macho Man" when he was 2-3 years old.

Anyone else?

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 642
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will try very hard to make it.

Gannon

Post Number: 13590
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cool...just gotta get through this Open Mic first...how did it get to noon already?

Gertrude

Post Number: 99
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How did it get to be 3pm? See you all later.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 7776
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sandy is a character. Because of her I got to play Dally in the Alley, which made me mucho happy time.

Gannon

Post Number: 13592
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What time is it?

Gertrude

Post Number: 100
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What time is what? I have 4:35 on my desk. I have a meeting at 5:30 and I'm going to wander over to the Majestic. I think the show starts at 8(ish). I think that answer all permutations of the question I can think of. :-)

Gertrude

Post Number: 101
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 12:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry but I had to bail at 9pm which meant I missed the show too. Another time.

Sarge
Username: Sarge

Post Number: 994
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any FSC gatherings happening next weekend? Coming in for my HS reunion.......

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.