Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Paging Ray1936, Tponetom « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tponetom
Username: Tponetom

Post Number: 315
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ray,
I was going to post this on the other, "Paging Ray1936, thread" but I like to make it a little more personal.

I knew there was a soul mate out there after all.
I know you were not born when Calvin Coolidge was president, as was I, but you do qualify as a special 'Dinosaur' in my "OVER FIFTY CLUB! Sooooooooooo,
"SUPER DOOPER CONGRATULATIONS," to you and your wonderful bride who must have made it all possible.
Maybe our wives are clones? Sure as the angels, they have to be something special.
There must have been something in the water during the 1920's and '30's that made us as we are.
On September 1, Peggy and I will celebrate our 59th.
There must have been something about September weddings, as well.

Our plans are similar to your itinerary. We hope to be in the U.P. during the color season. (The first week in October.)
Our trips to Vegas and/or Laughlin will be determined by the weather, like in November.
Our best to both of you.
Tom and Peggy

Maof2
Username: Maof2

Post Number: 290
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My congratulations to you both!!I hope to celebrate as long as you two have:-)

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3500
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aw, shucks (drags toe through sand), thanks. TP, if you do get to the southern NV area later on, do let me know. Would love to have lunch/dinner with you and Peggy. Us old farts have much to reminisce about!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.