Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » People's art festival at the russell sept 13th « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 2277
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

11-midnight at 1600 clay, right off the 75 service drive

featuring…
More Than 100 Visual Artists and Craftspeople
Over 40 Bands and Performers
Film and Fashion
Restaurants, Beverages and much much more…

http://www.rccadetroit.org/paf 08/

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 1154
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

very glad to hear its back. or is this technically a different festival than the last one?

Gravitymachine

Post Number: 2281
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

its the exact same as the last one as far as i know, with many of the same people at the helm what makes you think its "back" or different?

Steelworker

Post Number: 1156
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ive seen tons of short lived, purposed annual festivals like the "d-polen". I went last year and tasted wine in artist studios and got wasted. It was a nice event but i didnt see too many people when i was there. But most of the people were scatered throughout all the buildings.

Gravitymachine

Post Number: 2283
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh, ok, gotcha. from my booth outside it seemed pretty well attended last year, but with a place as big as the russell, its hard to really pack with people. i remember the d-pollen thing too, so i totally see where you're coming from, that was the one at the hastings st ballroom wasn't it?

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 955
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Went last year. Ill be there this year.

Steelworker

Post Number: 1157
Posted on Friday, September 05, 2008 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah the d-pollen was on milwaukee at hasting street. that was a fun event except the last day had no one attend but me and maybe 30 others. I like these relatively little festivals/art fare/block parties. I get weird around big crowds like arts beats eats/techno/cityfest.

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1763
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We've got a stand there. Stop by and say hi... and maybe buy something (hehe).

:-)

Steelworker

Post Number: 1164
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sean of detroit what are you selling

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1764
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is actually another thread over in the Discuss Detroit section of this site.

Link: https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/154909.html?1220998223

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.