Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Obama supporters roll call! « Previous Next »
Archive through September 23, 2008Youngprofessionaldet30 09-23-08  12:07 am
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 435
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 1:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The BEST choice is Obama

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3482
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes We Can!

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5936
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Change We can believe in no doubt......

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1517
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

100% Obama/Biden!

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 694
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Check!

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 1106
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

indeed!

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 832
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Obama is the best presidential choice for the city, as he has the life experience to have a clue about the unique challenges Detroit faces."

I totally agree! His time in Chicago has undoubtedly given him the experience he needs to work with the leaders of City of Detroit. With help he will accomplish great things! =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0SODIFZXIPA

(Message edited by Johnnny5 on October 07, 2008)

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 1085
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 2:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Count" me in!!

Obama/Biden '08!!

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 2473
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's see, this roll call would include everyone except Karl, Perfectgentleman, Craig, Livernoisyard................. ......

Oh wait, they went and started their own forum so no one would disagree with them.

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1518
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

did they really? That is too funny.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1886
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here!!

Cycledetroit
Username: Cycledetroit

Post Number: 26
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

27days!

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1564
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I support BO, with my BOOT! And that goes double for Johnny. Now Palin on the other hand, she's hot. So I voting for her for Prez.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3707
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2008 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HEY-OH!

Checkin' in. :-)

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 2535
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2008 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw it in him early on -

Go on and copy the .GIF

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5843/145368.html?1208220 060

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 1029
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 1:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ralph Nader has more substance and experience taking on corrupt corporations. Ralph has committed himself to protecting poor and working class Americans from Corporate greed. The safe cars we drive - worker safety and protection... the list goes on and on. Ralph isnt wishy washy, tells it like it is without concern for how patriotic he sounds...there is a sincerity I read that I have never heard from any politician-ever. Wish he could have been on that debate. If we are so damn free and democratic why are we stuck with two candidates and why do we 'have to settle for the lesser of two evils'? You all can make history if you want to but Im voting my concience.

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 933
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

If we are so damn free and democratic why are we stuck with two candidates and why do we 'have to settle for the lesser of two evils'?

Because that's the way our political system is set up. If you don't like it, work to change it, don't just keep voting for candidates who can't win. That's not productive at all.
quote:

You all can make history if you want to but Im voting my concience.

Your conscience is going to vote John McCain right into the White House, and four years from now there will still only be two major parties and two viable candidates.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 2152
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 9:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Partisans need you to believe that the party system is the only way.

To do otherwise brings certain doom.

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 937
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not a partisan, and I don't believe that the party system is the only way, but I don't think voting for Nader is a very effective way to subvert the party system. All you're doing is neutralizing your own political voice.

Frankg
Username: Frankg

Post Number: 657
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The reality is that a vote for Ralph Nader is a vote for McCain. In fact, many argue that it was Ralph Nader that caused the Supreme Court to appoint Bush in 2000. Nader had a rally at the University of Florida a few days before the election and many attribute Bush's narrow paper victory in Florida to Nader stealing votes from Gore because of that rally. Now don't get me wrong, I am a Nader fan myself. But being a Nader fan I would have been a lot happier with Gore than Bush, that's for sure!

Alan55
Username: Alan55

Post Number: 2275
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am no Nader fan either, but by focusing on him you are letting the real culprits off the hook for all of the crookedness in the 2000 Selection. Even with Nader in the race, Gore had enough votes to win. The connies just made enough of the Gore votes disappear. Remember Katherine Harris?

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 1031
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There were Democrats who voted for Bush, Gore didnt win his own state,and it could be argued that the other candidates on the ballot had taken votes from Gore.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2814
Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 12:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I never participate in these Roll Calls.

But, for this one, I'll make an exception.

Birdie
Username: Birdie

Post Number: 76
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2008 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wooop wooop!!

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3511
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am voting for "That one."

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 904
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That One!!

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5972
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He is...'The One'...

Gibran
Username: Gibran

Post Number: 4188
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the Nader analogy didn't work because the other independents took away conservative votes...but it was the cons that blamed him initially...

VOTE and get those young people out there...this is going to need a wide margin. so no one can take it from Barak...

Alsodave
Username: Alsodave

Post Number: 1236
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GOBAMA!!!

The_ed
Username: The_ed

Post Number: 1871
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yay Obama

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.