Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Paging Lowell « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Det313grrl
Username: Det313grrl

Post Number: 331
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Lowell,
Is there a way to exchange email addresses here without posting for all the world to see?

Lowell
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 5039
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No there isn't. However, consider getting a free account somewhere and using it as your meet up address. The you can post it without concern. When someone emails you, you can then reply with the address you don't want the world to know. Even then don't use the @ sign when posting it as thousands of web bots continually cruise the internet in search of complete email addresses. Post it something like this: myname[at]mydomainname[dot]com . If your throwaway account get outed you can dump it and move to another one.

Det313grrl
Username: Det313grrl

Post Number: 334
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Lowell, I figured as much, thanks for the word.

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 2000
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice to see ya today 313grrl. Its so cool when you know ppl then find out they have a screename here, other way around also.

You an Lowell. What a small world.

Tponetom
Username: Tponetom

Post Number: 327
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

det313grrl and Lowell.

Some time ago, one of the members gave me the same advice that Lowell repeated in this thread.
Soooo, in a bit of whimsy, I put on my Tom Mix (and his Ralston Straight Shooters) secret coding ring and used The Secret Decoding Card.
I then 'published ' my personal (throw-away) Email address, in code, in another thread, that being, "Email link to our user name on this board."
There were no comments in reply. I thought I might receive an Email message from anyone, but I assume it was too tricky to decipher.

I will repeat that post:

I love those frozen, delivered to your door, Kansas City
Tpone steaks. They are delicious when served with some veggies
and a salad and some good Irish whiskey.
Peg loves them too, but without the whiskey. I say,
gee, the whiskey tends to help tenderize them. I watch for the
mail man when we are expecting a delivery and when he
com es into view, I greet him with open arms.

I wonder how to get rid of that '&#' stuff.
End of post

Of course there is a ‘red herring’ in there.

Senility and dementia go hand in hand, so while I am under its spell I will suggest the following: To identify a bona fide, Tom Mix Club member, you walk up to him or her and say, “Ralston” and he or she should reply with the two cryptic words answer, “______ ______”?

From Detroit radio, c. 1940

Urbanfisherman
Username: Urbanfisherman

Post Number: 32
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Straight Shooters

Tponetom
Username: Tponetom

Post Number: 328
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Urbanfisherman:

You win a lifetime supply of Blarney!!

Is it possible you are older than me??

I was born when Coolidge was President.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.