Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Paging Usnsubvet77 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1998
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So sorry to hear what happened today....

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 926
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cambrian-

He doesn't have internet, but I will let him know for you. He was extremely bummed that he got it, as he was there for 5 years and there were worse employees in the department that he was in.

Subvet,as you know, is an outstanding guy who really deserves better. If anyone knows of an electrical validation test job, please let Subvet know.....

Zimm
Username: Zimm

Post Number: 90
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sorry to hear this. he's a quality guy.

i have no contacts in this field, but if i hear of anything...

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1999
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 8:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, definitely a bad time to be in the car business. Defense and Agriculture MFrs are doing well now. Forumer Richie just landed a good job with an Austrian company that's opening up offices here next year, caveat is it requires an extended stay in Europe to train.

Usnsubvet77
Username: Usnsubvet77

Post Number: 114
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cambrian,

Thanks for the note. I certainly do appreciate it. I am not sure if I did something wrong or it is just the randomness of HR criteria.

Either way, I hope that this isn't too deep of a rut. I have been bombarding Monster and Career Builder with apps, so I may find something soon.

Sorry we couldn't have got to know each other better at work. You seemed to be picking up quickly and that is good. YNA is(was) depending on your situation, a good place to work. Just keep your eye open there. Lots of people that will sell you out. Randy among others is a great guy, but after almost 6 years with some of them...you'll learn who to avoid and who you can trust.

I don't blame them. Everyone is hurting right now in the auto industry. I suppose I could have got the shaft a little worse.

But hey, if anyone is in need of a good Lab Testing Tech, let me know and I'll shoot you a resume!

Wouldn't mind getting into the Ag business seeing I am up in God's country by Flint!

Give my regards to everyone...

-Subvet

(Message edited by usnsubvet77 on October 02, 2008)

Crystal
Username: Crystal

Post Number: 294
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Subvet,

We are very sorry to hear about your job. These are rough times. Don't second guess that you might have done something wrong!

It is curious that a person will sometimes, in the face of abundant evidence to the contrary, wonder if they were the cause for their termination. Knowing you as I do, this cannot be the case! YNA's loss will be someone else's gain.

After 20 years as an administrator in higher ed, my husband lost his job in 2003. At 53, he went back to school to earn his teaching certificate, and finally got a job this year as a high school chemistry teacher.

Feel free to put my husband or me down as references!

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 5631
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Usnsubvet77

Another good site that is not really known is indeed.com. Basically it scopes out multiple job boards. usajobs is a good one as well as Michworks.

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 2594
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Best wishes to you, Subvet! With your positive energy, something good should be coming your way. We're sending good vibes your way, hoping it is very soon.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.