Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Pagin Maof2, Ray1936, Ragtoplover, « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tponetom
Username: Tponetom

Post Number: 334
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am sure you guys could crack the ENIGMA CODE of World War ll in a heartbeat?????????
But the Tom Mix Code?
I am not sure it came from Tom. It might have been Jack Armstrong who was extremely
literate. "Ever shall our teams be champions,,"
Think: "Gee our old LaSalle ran great.' Same old mishmash of words
So here is the skinny.

?I love those frozen, delivered to your door, Kansas City
TPONE steaks. They are delicious when served with some veggies
AND a salad and some good Irish whiskey.
PEG loves them too, but without the whiskey. I say,
GEE, the whiskey tends to help tenderize them. I watch for the
MAIL man when we are expecting a delivery and when he
COM es into view, I greet him with open arms.

The red Herrings were:
Numbers and Characters!
Kansas City? No, Omaha
Tpone steaks? No, T-Bone steaks
@ was omitted by Lowell's suggestion!
'gee' was overkill for the letter "G"
. (dot) was omitted, again by Lowell's suggestion
COM es instead of ‘comes’
So you get:
TponeandPeg@Gmail.com
Now that I am ‘outed’ once again, I will delete that address in a day or two, and dream up another one.

Use the first word only on each line in the paragraph.
But if you want to get cute,,,try using the first word in the first SENTENCE, and then the second word in the second sentence, and so on.
If you have to send a long message, you better brush up on James Baldwin's technique for writing long sentences. That is another story.

Maof2
Username: Maof2

Post Number: 875
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mr.T - I literally sat here and scratched my head saying "uh" to myself, went back to the original post to verify it. I must say, you sure have a way with words and decoding:-)

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3736
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember the Superman code from the forties. Turns out Z=A, Y=B and so on down the alphabet. Had to be a member of the Superman radio club to get the key to the code, though, although those who play with codes would have cracked it in an instant.

Ragtoplover59
Username: Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 371
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was trying to use my Space Patrol Decoder, I'm just going to assume the Batteries are bad.:-)

The answer to your code now seems way too easy lol

I was trying to piece together words with every other two or three letters. I knew the typo of Com es in both threads was for .Com, just couldn't get anything to work in front of it?

Where was Jimaz when I needed him?

Tponetom

Post Number: 335
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2008 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ragtop:
I am SOOO jealous of your Space Control Decoder. Each of us children should have one.

Tponetom

Post Number: 338
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2008 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am bumping this up, one time.
I am writing the story of the "Ultimate Detroiter." It is not quite finished.
I will run it by Email to the members that I have contacted previously.
Then, if they think it to be apropos, I will post it.

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 988
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2008 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tponetom....thanks, I look forward to your story!

Maof2

Post Number: 965
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2008 - 7:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

waiting patiently

Ragtoplover59
Username: Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 377
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2008 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The "Ultimate Detroiter."

That is going to be a tough one to put together isn't it?
With all the experiences of so many different people combined together, unless you surprise me, and this is something completely different then what I'm thinking?

To pull this off around here, with all the (all in good fun) East-side/West-side conflicts of this forum, the only thing I KNOW we all in common is our never ending Pride of having been a part of Detroit at one time or another!

One thing is for sure,

Be a part of Detroit for awhile, and Detroit will always be a part of you!

Tponetom

Post Number: 339
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2008 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maof2,
If you sent me an Email, I did not receive it. If you did, check my "throw away" Email address at the top of this post and try again.

Ragtop,

"Be a part of Detroit....." would be an excellent slogan for all Detroiter's!

Maof2

Post Number: 967
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2008 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm there Mr. T:-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.