Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Detroit Native Laura Stec and Cool Cuisine MeetUp?! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 14744
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It seems one of my grade- and high-school friends, who went off to what I thought was relative obscurity for the second half of my life, is back in Michigan for her first-ever book tour.

She co-wrote Cool Cuisine, and has been teaching better eating habits for twenty-five years.

I'm trying to get her into the Metro Area for a meet-and-greet while she's in the state for signings in Ann Arbor and points west, possibly at the Detroit Evolution Laboratory or my loft a half mile north of there.

If anyone is interested, please post a reply, I'm trying gauge if this warrants a larger venue...I put something on the wall at the Evolution Lab's FaceBook page, too.

Cheers and more on a gray Sunday in the City!

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 2195
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A book signing at your loft?

Wouldn't it be better at Eph(not McNally)'s?

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 14755
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With this crowd, some may not want to BE in a joint that sells meat! The Detroit Evolution Labs is the appropriate venue, but they are busy that night...it is simply too short a notice.

I don't know who may want to meet with Laura, just that she didn't have any Detroit area signings in her schedule...and truthfully had no idea of all the good things happening in the city.

At the very least, I'll be giving her a long tour around town Wednesday afternoon. I've got space for about fifteen to twenty people comfortably in my loft, as long as I can broom out a few of my project piles.

Cheers!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.