Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Boll YMCA Membership Questions « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2204
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 4:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We are thinking of getting a membership for the Boll YMCA. Does anyone have a link to price listings by chance? Also, what do those of you who have used the facility think? Is it worth it?

Kimistree
Username: Kimistree

Post Number: 198
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The facilities at the Boll Y are excellent I think. They have a rock climbing wall, internet access, group exercise classes, a basketball court. Go check it out.

Their website is a little unfriendly and there are a lot of dead end links. The best thing to do is go there and ask for a tour. I just happened in one day and asked. They are were very accommodating.

As for the price it was 89.00 a month for our family of 4. Which I didn't think was to bad, but I knew were weren't going to use it that much so we didn't sign up. I don't know what the individual price is.

My kids and I currently take 2 art classes there too.

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 964
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I enjoy it. Its a brand new place and very nice. There are classes included in the membership, like Yoga which are nice. The equipment is all new, raquetball courts, swimming pool, ect
10pm closing time M-F
Parking is never a problem, I ride my bike there a lot.
As someone that uses the free weights a lot, there is no drinking fountain up there and the space can get cramped.
There is also a theatre on the ground level.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 2287
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How's the discount housing for people down on their luck?

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2212
Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 6:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks!

Kimistree, yeah, their site was driving me crazy, which is why I asked.

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 384
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2008 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL East D.
That was the old YMCA, they seemed to care.
Before the new improved Y closed every one of their city Y's and built and improved their suburban branches. (read club for healthy yuppies) Take a ride down Clark S. of Vernor. Hope someone challenges their "not for profit" status someday.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.