Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Sean_of_Detroit's Update « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2213
Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 6:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Exciting news for my fiancee and I.

So, we should be in Metro Detroit starting in December. We'll be staying with a friend on the Far West Side while we get everything in order for a move into the Downtown area. We narrowed down our apartment/condo search, and I'm sending a letter to my leasing agent to set-up appointments.

I know, I know; who cares? Please forgive me. I just haven't been this excited in a looong time. :-)

For anyone who is interested, and/or was/is following us (or basically anyone who still cares); we are still planning on doing the blogging site for both the move, and the opening of our small business in the City of Detroit (with all the interesting opportunities and obstacles that will surely go along with it). Although web site planning and design has already started, we both were trying to do way to much at once, and need to clear off a few more things from our proverbial plate, first.

We're really hoping this project will uncover some of the hidden pitfalls in starting a small business in general.

PS: Thank you a million times over to the DYES Ruin Tours for helping us "find" Detroit, and to all the people who have showed us support through e-mail, and in person recently. Thanks to the naysayers too. Your criticism doesn't fall on deaf ears.

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 1108
Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats Sean and fiance; Detroit is a better place with the two of you!

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1689
Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Keep us posted. I like reading about people's adventures. Rock on!

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 2177
Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Skipper?

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 927
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sean: I know, I know; who cares? Please forgive me. I just haven't been this excited in a looong time.

We all care. Nothing makes me happier to know you're finally coming to town.

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2246
Posted on Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I appreciate it. :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.