Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Paging Tponetom « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1725
Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where have you been? I've been looking for your posts.

Mortgageking
Username: Mortgageking

Post Number: 249
Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 6:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've seen him posting on 'that other site.' I think if you search for his name, some stuff comes up. He's a pleasure to have around.

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1547
Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mmmmmmmm...Pumpkin Stew.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1727
Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is he boycotting DY?

Pumpkin Stew? Whhaaaaaa?

Dianeinaustin
Username: Dianeinaustin

Post Number: 126
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is the other site? Pardon my ingorance.

Tponetom
Username: Tponetom

Post Number: 343
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'that other site' ??????
'Pumpkin Stew?' ??????
'boycotting' ??????

Diane: Just hang in there for a while.

I am hoping that some of the more experienced and knowledgeable members will jump in on this post and explain those remarks.

To add a bit of kindling, I will add this. If you 'google search' my user name you will come up with more than a hundred links.

Oh, by the way, you will run across names like Ray1936, Maof2 and other Forum members.
And still more shocking, you will find the name of a guy named Lowell.
(Lowell, I hope to goodness that you understand that this last remark is all 'tongue in cheek.')
I will refer you to my post of 11-12-08, A Detroiters Funeral.
If this current post merits any interest I will respond in depth, the reasons I have been absent the past two months or so.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1733
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I'm glad to see your name here! I started this thread because I was looking for you. I had missed your posts and wondered if you were ok. That's all. Glad to see that you are still around and just not posting. I liked your stories is all. A bit worried that you weren't doing well and I hadn't heard.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1734
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ps: The "other site", "pumpkin stew", "Boycotting" comments mean nothing to me. No idea what they mean.

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 1066
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kath, you've been here almost as long as I have, and your post count is higher than mine. If you truthfully do not understand those comments, then you have not been paying attention.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1736
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bear, those are just numbers. I have posted on many "food threads". I guess I haven't been paying attention.

But instead of telling me that I haven't been paying attention, maybe you could tell me what they mean? I am a bit ADD/ADHD. Sorry :-)

Bearinabox

Post Number: 1067
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Follow Mortgageking's advice above, and google "Tponetom." It was the fourth result from the top when I googled just now.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2165
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 8:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tom,

Not too sure if I follow all the pumpkin intrigue, but am I correct that you googled your name, found it on the other site, then discovered they were making fun of your posts?

You know, they'd insult their own fathers if they knew who they were.

Tom, I enjoy your posts. A lot. So much so, that every time I pass over Lafayette I take my hands off the steering wheel, my feet off the pedals and say, "Lafayette, we are here!" to honor what you use to do while bike riding.

Drives the bride crazy.

Now, you can stop your posts if you want, but I think there are more stories floating around your brain pan and to stop writing would rob folks of some valuable insight.

Don't pay too close attention to those other guys; they are not capable of reading anything longer than a shopping list.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 3178
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very well put Gnome.

That is so cool you do that when crossing Lafayette! I loved that story of Tp's - the way he writes, he had me riding along on that bike trip!

All of us here love his stories and look forward to reading more of whatever he wants to share with us.

And those remarks from the other site - Like in "The Wizard of Oz" - pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Maof2
Username: Maof2

Post Number: 1207
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

T - you know you are well loved here.

Ragtoplover59
Username: Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 399
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not wanting, or trying to tell Tponetom's story, I do feel safe in saying that our beloved "T" has taken a little time to reflect on his wonderful life!
We all zoom through life so fast that we forget to remember how we arrived to where we are. Until some of life's occurrences stop us for a moment, and we are obliged to recall past friends and follies.

Of course we all wait for T's return to active duty on DYes! I am confident he will make our wait worth it!

As for the Duel Site recognition , I am sure T knows of his importance for their existence! If it's not a DYes topic keeping it afloat, it would fade like other Messy sites.

No real harm over there, No more so than someone talking about your actions driving down a road unknown to you, until you look over and see a gesture, as long as you are comfortable with your own driving, you pay no attention to their shortcomings.

Life is such:-)

Bearinabox

Post Number: 1068
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't see why Evil-Tponetom and DY-Tponetom can't coexist. I find both of them entertaining. If you can't laugh at yourself...

Tponetom

Post Number: 344
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank's to Gnome and Ragtop for helping explain this silly dillema.

For those who do not quite understand all of this hoopla,,,please do this: Make a Google search of "Tponetom" (without the quotes) and you will access a site with the following:

What is the other site? Pardon my ignorance.
Top of page Bottom of page. Tponetom Member
Username: Tponetom Post Number: 343. Registered: 06-2007 ...
atdetroit.net/forum/messages/1 0041/167707.html?1229106118 - 22 hours ago - Similar pages -
Discuss Detroit: Paging Tponetom
Paging Tponetom, «« Previous Next »». Top of page Bottom of page. Kathinozarks Member
Username: Kathinozarks Post Number: 1725. Registered: 11-2006 ...
atdetroit.net/forum/messages/1 0041/167707.html?1229028281 - 9k - Cached - Similar pages -
More results from atdetroit.net »»

Of course that seems to imply that I am a member of TOS? (The Other Side)
It follows that Kathinozarks is also a member of TOS. Simply stated we are not. Our posts, our material, are fair game for whomever wants to pirate them. (Note the post numbers on the TOS site and this site that you are reading from.)

When you click on that TOS, TA DA, TA DA, you will be getting a RERUN OF THIS VERY SAME POST THAT YOU ARE NOW READING.

So I suggest that you put that animal out of its misery. I am not a member of TOS and neither is Kathinozarks.

TOS simply copies our stuff and admires it.

What more flattery could we ask for?

Let's shift into second gear now.

I had sent some Email to Forum Members who have my Email address, and I, theirs. That message (three and a half pages) reflected, in part, my reason for not posting anything. Bad timing with Christmas coming.

So, "Kathinozarks" in answer to your original question, at the top of this post, I/We are hanging in there and I will eventually respond.

My Schmaltzy, Waltzy, dance tune of words are still looking for an audience to share with. At this moment I am flagellating my brain to get moving , as though it was a stubborn mule who refuses to move. (Kathi, I know that right from the beginning you were a charitable supporter of my saccharine gruel, and I will never forget that.)

I have different groups of people outside of the Forum that I correspond with, via Email.
If any one wants to share Email addresses with me, you can contact me at my throw-away-address which is <tponeandpeg@gmail.com> I then respond with my regular Email address.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1741
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Tponetom :-)

Urbanfisherman
Username: Urbanfisherman

Post Number: 57
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Someone needs to brush up on their Google skills.

Tponetom

Post Number: 345
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Urbanfisherman,
This is a very sincere apology to you and all other members that are reading this.
After reading your comment (above) I backtracked my research(?) on my above post and immediately realized what I had done. Confusion, senility, stupidity, dementia,,take your pick or all four for that matter.
I offer no excuse, only carelessness or lack of attention to what I was analysing, or trying to.
Your wake up call to me is appreciated. I wish I had a BIG eraser that would wipe the slate clean.
In the future I will stick to my story telling and not test the deeper waters because I really can't swim in them.
thank you, again.
tpone

I am going to page this message to you to make sure you get it.
Also, no , I am not a member of 'the other side.'

Downtown_lady
Username: Downtown_lady

Post Number: 459
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Confusion, senility, stupidity, dementia,,take your pick or all four for that matter.

Please don't say that about yourself...I don't like when people say bad things about my friends. :-)

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1742
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 8:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, what the Lady said! Tponetom you rock.

Urbanfisherman, no one here needs to brush up on their Google skills. Maybe you need to brush up on your manners. Maybe try not to pick people apart. Me and the Lady will whomp on you, tee hee :-)

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 3191
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Count me in ladies! I'm a Tp fan too! :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.