Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Scroll not troll « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 419
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 5:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are a few people on this board lately that are very offensive, much more so than our resident (long term posters). People call them trolls and than try to rebut what they are saying. Once I got the gist of their message, I just scroll past their posts. This keeps my blood pressure down. Honestly, you can't argue or even convert idiots with weapons like rational argumentation, ideas or values.

So please, just scroll!

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1806
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'Scroll the Troll'. It has a ring to it.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 2799
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've only been on this forum for a little over a year, Sumas. Some people are open to discussion, others are set in their ways. Thats just what I do, is scroll through the sniping, they can ruin a thread.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 3177
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree - there are certain ones that have what I call "permanent premeditated thinking" - so when I come to one of their posts I just keep going down the page. Helps out my blood pressure too! :-)

Mortgageking
Username: Mortgageking

Post Number: 251
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Gotta pay the troll toll to get into this boy's hole!"

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2080
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Sumas. I have been allowing myself to fall victim to those posters, only to come back and wounder what I was thinking.

Sorry to anyone who was offended in getting caught up in the responses to predatory posts. They will be "scrolled" in the future. I also have a couple mentors (and veteran posters) who have been helping me grow past the instigators... and past other such flaws. It really is easy to respond and fly off the handle. It takes a lot more to ignore things and walk away.

One of the things I was told by one of our veteran posters was that you can't win arguments against people who have no jobs, and a ton of time to waste.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2612
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Gotta pay the troll toll to get into this boy's hole!"

LOL I love that show.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 2921
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The troll patrol is on the roll, wait, I hope I'm not one?

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 3184
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 7:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Mayor - was it you with the Windsor parking ticket problem a while back? If so, what ever happened with that? If not - just keep on keepin' on.

Sorry for the thread jack gang. It's just a quick question.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2614
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh yeah that was me. Like all things your seemingly pissed at immensely for a while you drop it and move on. The tow was only like $130 and it would have likely cost more to get my money back and then school started so I just took the loss and forgot about it. Still I have yet to cross the border since then though.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.