Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Zombies invade Northern High « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 1242
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was making my usual rounds at Detroit's shuttered high schools; protecting and preserving the archives and student records. I began my day at Redford, onward to Mackenzie and Murray-Wright.

At Northern High, I could sense that something was not right; dusk was settling on the city...a strange and foreboding quiet.

At once...they approached; a few - then many.
I knew their numbers would prevail.

Damn those flesh eating bastards!

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2096
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh great, zombies are the last thing we need right now... :-(

Chuckjav

Post Number: 1246
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sean...In terms of keeping people of the streets - after dark - zombies outperform DPD; they draw no paycheck, and don't carry a sidearm.

I ain't afraid of no ghost... but zombies, give me the creeps.

Downtown_lady
Username: Downtown_lady

Post Number: 460
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Am I the only one that doesn't understand this? :-)

Chuckjav

Post Number: 1249
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Downtown_lady...strange as it may seem, I don't even understand this.
The message - the moral to the story: beware of flesh eating, undead souls; hungry is the night.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 9031
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wait for the temperature to drop, Zombies freeze easily due to the lack of warm blood in their system. Then you can either dismember them, or bury them (make sure the hole is deep enough they can't claw out). The EPA has issued no regulations regarding dumping of Zombies as of yet, so you'll be in the clear.

Downtown_lady
Username: Downtown_lady

Post Number: 462
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Chuck and John -- now I understand! :-)

Chuckjav

Post Number: 1250
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Johnlodge....thanks for the heads-up.

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 948
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The zombies are looking for The Electronic Thing.
http://www.detroitkidshow.com/ thing.wmv

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2101
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 6:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do they have ways of keeping warm?

This is not what we need at all! No, no, no... :-(

Bongman
Username: Bongman

Post Number: 677
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

C.H.U.D. ?

Haikoont
Username: Haikoont

Post Number: 48
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Japan may be able to defeat our local companies, but even they are no match for the zombies.

quote:

Killing zombies isn't typically the responsibility of America's president or treasury secretary. But if the country is going to get through the current financial crisis, President-elect Barack Obama and his economic team better get out their shotguns and aim for the head.

Today, our economy is plagued by struggling markets, liquidity concerns, and frozen credit. Twenty years ago, Japan faced nearly the exact same problems. Then they fell prey to the zombies.

http://reason.com/news/show/13 0626.html

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2114
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whew, I thought you meant real zombies.... oh wait, this might be worse... :-(

Given these similarities, U.S. officials should take a careful look at how Japan's response to the crisis lead to the more than ten years of recession and stagnation known as "the lost decade." We do not want to duplicate Japan's mistakes.

First mistake. The Bank of Japan tried to ease economic pains during their downturn through the 1990s by loaning large amounts of money to businesses. However, such attempts to recapitalize the market were counteracted by underlying management problems endemic to the dying firms.

I suddenly have the urge to watch I Am Legend... The first remake of Night of the Living Dead was pretty good too... hmmm...

Chuckjav

Post Number: 1253
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will be damned...(if I'm not already).

A zombie tried to wash my windshield at Grand River and Schaefer; cracked my window to give him the old "thanks-but-no thanks".

That mother-trucker tried to bite my hand.

Somebody warn Cooley High - zombies on the loose..uh-hah loose!

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 950
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 9:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chuckjav,
Northern High School didn't close. I hang out a lot in the neighborhood. Could I be a zombie without knowing it?

Chuckjav

Post Number: 1256
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 11:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ed_golick...Oh Goodness Me; I hate to be the bearer of troubling news.

If you've been hanging out in the neighborhood and/or frequenting Northern High School....you are a zombie.

(at least, now you know it)

Eeeeeuuuuwwwww!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.