Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Paging Barnesfoto. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tponetom
Username: Tponetom

Post Number: 351
Posted on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paging Barnesfoto:

Re: “Your Quote:”

“As usual, Tpone's words fired up the projector in my mind, and played a scratchy and slightly faded but beautiful film.”

The ‘projector’ metaphor was simply, excellent. Right on the mark!
(I will never plagiarize it, but I will use it and give credit to ”Barnesfoto”! Unless I have to pay a 'royalty!)

Even more so, is your mention of McClellan Ave. Why? Because I believe that the vast majority of this Forum have had their own neighborhood venues, where a variety of nebulous memories still exist. Most of them trying to get back on stage, front and center and in the spotlight, if only for a few minutes,not
only to tantalize, but actually materialize, as pleasures, never forgotten.

Tpone.

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 3545
Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 2:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tpone,
I think that it's only fair that you pay me royalties, but not until the year 2025.

Your words take me to the place (the exotique East Side) and the time. (before mine). The faces are fuzzy, but they are real. The colors are not Kodachrome vivid, nor can I make out the conversations, but I am there, watching it all, from a porch on McClellan Ave.

You take us there, sir.
That's what great writers do.

(Message edited by barnesfoto on December 27, 2008)

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 4311
Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 7:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

“As usual, Tpone's words fired up the projector in my mind, and played a scratchy and slightly faded but beautiful film.”

Barnesfoto - if you're having Tpone pay you royalties for using that phrase, you'll have to bill me for using it too!

Your phrase explains the way I feel when I read his writings too. He just takes us there, yes he does!

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1765
Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ditto.

(yes, you are correct. My written communication skills are awesome, ha ha ha!)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.