Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Old house in warren being demolished? what's going on? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 37
Posted From: 68.250.3.136
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everyday for several years I have traveled 13 mile between Mound and Ryan. There is a huge old house on the south side of the road with big pillars. It looks like a plantaion house in the south or a mini "White House". I always thought it was odd that it was amongst a bunch of 1970's ranches. My guess is that the ranches were built on property that was once part of a farm that went with the big house. Anyway...over the last couple days I noticed all the trees in the backyard have been cut and the property cleared. The house now looks vacant. Anyone know what is going on? It's kind of out of place there, but I have always admired that house and hate to see it demolished. It's only a block away from the development on the former GM property.

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 1160
Posted From: 69.222.11.226
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've admired that house too and the nice-sized lot it sits on. I'd hate to see the house come down. It could be that the owners split the lot and that a new house is going up on the vacant land next to the house.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 894
Posted From: 65.221.183.220
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That house was recently owned by Lavda's (sp) of limo and jewelry fame, I don't know what they may be doing, but I was once in that house, very cool inside.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.