Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » ::: Welcome to the Forum! ::: » The Perfect First Post. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 2820
Posted From: 66.167.211.167
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 1:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I really enjoy the fresh air that blows in with a good first post.

You've seen them, a newcomer arrives in the forum and makes a solid hit on the first post. I do too but didn't note them down. Now I am looking for some nominations. Do you know/remember any that should be recognized?

Do you remember your first post?

What makes a good first post? How would you advise a newcomer to write a post that would make you say "Welcome to the forum"?
Top of pageBottom of page

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 2858
Posted From: 66.167.211.213
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/79458.html?1155819776

Mossman
Username: Mossman

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 7:43 pm:

------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------------------
Over the last couple of weeks I have been reading some of the discussions relating to Detroit, its problems and its virtues and I'm amazed at the passion and insight that has been exhibited. Some of you may share the same love-hate relationship with Detroit that I have, with fond memories of growing up in safe, vibrant neighborhoods and now lamenting the loss of everything that makes a city livable, interesting, diverse and exciting.
Although the Fabulous Ruins of Detroit provides a fascinating look at the skeleton of what was once a vibrant city, I take some exception to the use of the word "fabulous". "Tragic" seems more appropriate here.

Today we have a crisis of monumental proportions that will require the sustained efforts of its residents, government and business leaders to put this region back in order so that it can sustain itself and become a desirable location for those wishing to invest and live in a healthy and culturally diverse community...

Follow link at top for the rest...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.