Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Handball Players « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 619
Posted From: 70.237.164.67
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After playing a few times at the Belle Isle courts, I'm thinking this may be the first winter I'm going to seriously try to play some handball.

I know the famed Lowell plays, any other players out there? Where does everyone play in the Fall/Winter?

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 622
Posted From: 70.237.164.67
Posted on Thursday, September 07, 2006 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell, help me out! Are you still playing?

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 2949
Posted From: 69.81.50.7
Posted on Thursday, September 07, 2006 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep, I'm here. For indoor handball, a YMCA membership is a good option that lets you play at the new Downtown YMCA, Farmington and Livonia and other Y's. If you have the bucks a DAC membership gets you good courts too. If not, there are the courts at Matthei fieldhouse at WSU as well as the Taylor Rec Center. The former doesn't seem to check ID's especially if you go in with someone with an alumni or student card. The latter charges a very minimal fee. There are also some other athletic clubs, like Total Sports in Warren and Continental [I think] in Westland.

Best and cheapest are Belle Isle 3-wall courts and those in St. Clair Shores off Stephens just east of 94.

You need to get within the handball network to find times when handballers meet up. Click the EMAIL LOWELL link on the left bottom panel and contact me. I will be happy to get you connected.

Handball "The Perfect Game"

handball the perfect game

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.