Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Historic Fort Wayne Flea Market - Oct 14&15 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 3824
Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 11:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What: HISTORIC FORT WAYNE ( DETROIT ) FLEA MARKET Sponsored by the Detroit Historical Society Guild

When: October 14 and October 15, 2006 Hours: 10 to 4 both days

Great Place to find Antiques, Crafts, Collectibles, 1 of a kind and Flea Market items. Snacks also available.

Parking is $2 per car.

Building is wheelchair accessible. WWI and WWII reenactments in the Star Fort

Location: Historic Fort Wayne, 6325 W. Jefferson at the foot of Livernois, Detroit, Ml

For more information call (586)415-5581, (586)498-9298 or email: map5711@aol.com .

Jenniferl
Username: Jenniferl

Post Number: 336
Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be there!

Jenay
Username: Jenay

Post Number: 158
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Me too!

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 1626
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A beautiful day for a tour of Historic Fort Wayne!! Also found some terrific Detroit memorabilia at the Flea Market!!!

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3106
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A beautiful day indeed. Sorry I didn't bump into you Kathleen.

fort wayne, detroit

Jenay
Username: Jenay

Post Number: 162
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 9:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathleen

Post Number: 1627
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry we didn't see you guys!! Dave and I are already talking about our next visit to the Fort for the April flea market.

We were there right when they opened and out of there around noon as I was taking the DHS' Palmer Woods walking tour at 1pm. That also was terrific, given the beautiful weather this afternoon!!

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 550
Posted on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 7:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

We were there right when they opened and out of there around noon as I was taking the DHS' Palmer Woods walking tour at 1pm. That also was terrific, given the beautiful weather this afternoon

Hey Kathleen, I was on that tour too. I ended up in the group with the male tour guide were you in the other one?

Kathleen

Post Number: 1628
Posted on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 9:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, I was on Jane's tour. I'm the one that showed up very close to 1pm, wearing the black tech vest with gray hoodie underneath and lugging the large camera bag. Sorry to have missed an opportunity to meet a fellow Forumer!!!

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 551
Posted on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathleen, my cousin and I were the last ones there right at 1, I had on a blue coat and she had on a red one. We might go to the PW tour in Dec. they mentioned, maybe I will see you then.
:-)

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 213
Posted on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was a good time, we partook in one of the tours, what an interesting history.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3110
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Side note... I had never been to Fort Wayne for a flea market. I had to say I was pleasantly surprised to see it was a real flea market selling genuine offbeat old and used items, not a bunch of hacks simply retailing what one could find in any dollar store.

A couple of re-enactor shots...

101st Airborne [WWII] with SS Prisoner.
ss

WWII Soviet Soldiers.
soviet

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 939
Posted on Saturday, December 02, 2006 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When is Fort Wayne open to the public for tours?

Kathleen

Post Number: 1755
Posted on Sunday, December 03, 2006 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This website hosted by the Historic Fort Wayne Coalition may be the best way to keep updated on the status and happenings at the Fort. Here's a link to the page on Tours: http://www.historicfortwayneco alition.com/tours.html

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.