Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Forum Spell Checker « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1391
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I notice the forum now has an automated spell checker. This is rediculous! Do you think we're a bunch of morans or something? And how are the non-morans supposed to make fun of people who can't spell?

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1392
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

("morans" and "rediculous" are the only forum favorites I could come up with at the moment.)

Hornwrecker
Username: Hornwrecker

Post Number: 1690
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

And how are the non-morans supposed to make fun of people who can't spell?

Hysteria
Username: Hysteria

Post Number: 1562
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Definately.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 884
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As we used to say in the DPD, "Yestiday I kudnt spel sargint and today I are one."

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3179
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"It's a mighty poor mind that can spell a word only one way."
Andrew Jackson

Dtown1
Username: Dtown1

Post Number: 339
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Lowell, you surprised me with that one. I was the first one to try the spell check thing. I typed something wrong and I saw it was underlined and it sayed spell checker.

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 61
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought we of DetroitYes had collectively voted with our keyboards to change "grammar nazi" to "grammernazi"

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3180
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The forum software had this function but I couldn't figure our how to hook it up until today as it did not come with its own dictionary.

Then I learn that Linux [<-not in Linux dictionary- LOL] servers have their own built in 250K word dictionary and connected to that. It took two minutes. Sometimes the answer is right under your nose. Live and learn.

The first reason I hooked it up is that I am a lousy speller.

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 12
Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eye think it is a grate feature.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 1648
Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It won't help any DY's teachers from mixing up "principal" and "principle." But, hey! It's the principal that counts.

Karl
Username: Karl

Post Number: 4749
Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My entir blatherin's in yella!

Hysteria
Username: Hysteria

Post Number: 1563
Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:-):-):-)

Karl
Username: Karl

Post Number: 4754
Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^ ^ ^ Yikes! So is Hysteria's!! ^ ^ ^

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 1159
Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Use the spellcheck or end up in Iraq, MF'rs.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 321
Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like it. I typically type too fast then send it off, only to read what I sent after I posted it. This would lead to more editing as I write this way only to get the thoughts out of my head.

Dtown1
Username: Dtown1

Post Number: 397
Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I like it. I typically type too fast then send it off, only to read what I sent after I posted it. This would lead to more editing as I write this way only to get the thoughts out of my head."

That's exactly what I like to do also.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 1663
Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you use the beta Firefox browser, you will notice that there is a built-in spellchecker for the text in the editing text box. No need to see it afterwards. So, that's much better than the spellchecker on DY.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 923
Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I write this way only to get the thoughts out of my head.

That makes me wonder what happens when too many thoughts build up in one's head. :-)

quote:

Teacher, may I be excused? My head's full.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.