Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » DetroitYes! meeting some day? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Frenchman_in_the_d
Username: Frenchman_in_the_d

Post Number: 90
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello fellas!

Since Gistok's last meeting attempt, I wanted to know if any of you were interested in meeting somewhere in Detroit anytime soon.
The forum is great, but also talking to some impressive connaisseurs of urbanity and Detroit trends would be even better.
Any cool new real Detroit restaurants?
Bars?

Next week-end?

Thanks guys/gals!

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2284
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We meet every Thursday. We were at Nemo's last night. Why didn't you join us.

Ndavies

Post Number: 2285
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here was the invitation and a recap of the evening.

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/10041/86347.html?1162561 758

Frenchman_in_the_d

Post Number: 91
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Because I never knew about it!
Oh, but I also live in Ann Arbor now... difficult on Thrsdays since I have class Fri mornings.
What time anyways?

Ndavies

Post Number: 2286
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Itsjeff posts the invitation every week. Maybe you should read more and post less.

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 484
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Because everybody knows what FSC means.

Ndavies

Post Number: 2287
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everyone who reads on a regular basis does.

Frenchman_in_the_d

Post Number: 92
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

alright.
thnx guys.

Sorry Dad, I will "read more and post less"

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 7064
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For anyone who doesn't know, every Thursday around 9:00 p.m. we get together at a different bar in Detroit. (Although in the summer, we keep going to The Well because we like the patio and cheap beer.)

We kiddingly refer to ourselves as the "F.S.C," - Forum Social Club - and have been gathering for about 4 years now. Histeric takes credit for thinking up the name, but, oddly, so does Rasputin.

Although it's just an excuse to go out for beer, some amazing things have resulted because of the FSC. Many friendships have been made and business contacts established. The people restoring the Vinton building met through FSC.

Everyone is welcome to join us. Just check the "Connections" section every Thursday to find out where we'll be. Please shoot me an e-mail if you have any questions.

Itsjeff
FSC Godhead

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 19
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let me know when Ndavies wont be there...

Ndavies

Post Number: 2290
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm there pretty regularly. You don't know what you'll be missing.

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 617
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is there ever any event for people who don't like bars? Like say a picnic or something?

:-)

Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 20
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

just kidding, ndavies :-)

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 5963
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes there is a picnic.

However, it's a secret.

Ndavies

Post Number: 2293
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Yes there is a picnic.

However, it's a secret.

If you make friends with Itsjeff he may include you on the supersecret double probation invite list.

Hysteria
Username: Hysteria

Post Number: 1604
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Is there ever any event for people who don't like bars?

Now what fun would that be?

Sknutson
Username: Sknutson

Post Number: 729
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The people restoring the Vinton building met through FSC.

Seems to me that there should be a Forum Mega-Party at the Vinton when it has been completed.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10829
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are dogs allowed?

Ndavies

Post Number: 2295
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your dogs will be, We're just not sure about you.

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 764
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about food? Could you guys go somewhere that serves food? And no smoking. And allows dogs. And has a picture of a sailboat on the wall? Let me know when you can arrange my requirements and maybe I'll come. Oh, and it has to be on a Tuesday night between the hours of 11pm and 11:30pm. Thanks.

Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 22
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and, its gotta be in the suburbs, right cheddar???

:-)

Docmo
Username: Docmo

Post Number: 155
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Moving Tuesday to CBD. Once I get unpacked, you can count me in for an FSC. BTW, Itsjeff, you once said you'd buy me beer if I ever decided to move from the 'burbs to the D. I'm looking forward to tasting that beer. See you soon.

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 1173
Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 8:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We all meet right here every day - what is everybody talking about ?

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 7065
Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 9:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Docmo, I made that offer because you were new here and I was hoping that you were a gay physician. Apparently you aren't, so no free beer for you.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 6968
Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heh.

There is always the Vivio's Saturday Afternoon Social Society...dedicated to Detroit's sharpest bartender, Heather. Second floor, not too late into the afternoon, or conversation turns, shall we say, blurry. Not sure what to pin that on, though...must be something in the air.

Caught a Chedda spotting there merely a few weeks ago, so he DOES come into the city. Be nice to him...he was merely being sarcastic dosing out a collection of the stranger requests from our FSC past meeting discussions.

I carry a picture of a sailboat now, just in case an impromptu FSC occurs.

And Frenchman, it was me trying vainly to meet up for discussion beyond the boundaries of our previous religious and political and nationalist upbringings...I was a full week early and even that damn coffee house didn't have extended hours, so I failed at many, many levels trying that meet-up.

I'm still looking for a non-alcoholic place to do it...but all the places I've checked out strangely serve liquor, many of them even have Guinness.

Gannon

Post Number: 6969
Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, Its, if you stiff Docmo we'll all ganging up on you...

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 5964
Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

if you stiff Docmo

Manrooter = Gannon?

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 765
Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm kind of suspicious of the "ganging up" part of it, too.

Gannon

Post Number: 6976
Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's a little double or triple entendre among friends?!

I've met Manrooter, and sir...I am NO Manrooter.

Manrooter
Username: Manrooter

Post Number: 438
Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't sell yourself short, Gannon. With a little practice...

Mikie
Username: Mikie

Post Number: 35
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Docmo, I'll buy you a beer,,, even though you rented the loft I really wanted!

Docmo
Username: Docmo

Post Number: 156
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

313 today! Mikie, sorry about that. It is a great space. Let me buy you a beer instead. I still plan on collecting my debt from Itsjeff.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to meet some of you at next Thursday's FSC.

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 489
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations, Docmo!

Frenchman_in_the_d

Post Number: 100
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon,

I'm not supposed to drink, but it's fine you can pick an 'acoholized' place. I'm in college for God's sake... I guess it's a little passage in my life.

Gannon

Post Number: 7087
Posted on Thursday, November 09, 2006 - 12:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Frenchie,

I'll be in A2 after I return from my trip to LA...dunno if I'll have time or money to meet before then...how're you getting around now, did you lose that darn license?!

You want to aim for the Thanksgiving weekend?!

I'm not supposed to shop, so we can go to a restaurant/bar in a mall and watch the insanity.

Cheers!

(unless Monday night is good for you, I think dinner before their next conspiracy brew-n-view would be fun, I just learned that a friend is back on good terms with one of the Twingo's shakers, so I will go there now. It's a great new restaurant just south of Wayne State on Cass Avenue.)

Frenchman_in_the_d

Post Number: 101
Posted on Thursday, November 09, 2006 - 12:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm getting around miserably now. I'm getting my license back Nov 21st... soon!

Give me your email again and I'll let you know.
Meanwhile, I'm sitting in A2.
And that goes for all the other forumers!!

Drop a line once you're in town!
(salemgh) (@) (umich.edu)

Gannon

Post Number: 7089
Posted on Thursday, November 09, 2006 - 12:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just click on my blue underlined name, and I will get your e-mail.

I'll do my best to reply promptly, but I have no concept of time.

Usually for me, it is RIGHT NOW...or whenever.

You might remember me stumbling, trying to simply show up for a scheduled speech and arrange a meeting merely a week in the future.

Let me observe anything with waves for more than an instant, and I'll be able to visualize their propagation and reflections/echoes and interference patterns...and help you manage 'em if you want.

No secret why I ended up in the hifi industry...sound and music and video analogies are natural fun for me...and people actually pay me to play.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.