Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Photos, Videos @ Julian Scott Dept. Store « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Naturalsister
Username: Naturalsister

Post Number: 863
Posted on Friday, December 08, 2006 - 3:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello all.

I need to connect with photographers and videographers that covered Julian Scott's many events and fashion shows (Nov2003-Nov2004).

I managed the Bath & Body, and Cosmetics departments and I need pictures/videos for portfolio use.

I understand that there may be fees associated with obtaining these items and that is fine with me.

Any help anyone can provide with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jennifer James | Make-Up Artist

myspace.com/jenniferhjames

natural@sister.com

later - naturalsister

Krapug
Username: Krapug

Post Number: 56
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

naturalsister:

Just a quick note, the Julian Scott website is still up and running, and if you did not know anybetter you would assume they are still in business.

When did the store close??

Ken

Krapug
Username: Krapug

Post Number: 57
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The site that I was referring to is:

www.julianscottstore.com

Ken

Naturalsister

Post Number: 864
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We closed November 8, 2004, just 13 days shy of our 1st anniversary.

The company that hosts the site is going through a shake-up and we haven't made any headway in trying to update it.

later - naturalsister

Naturalsister

Post Number: 871
Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just wanted to remind anyone who may have meant to post a response and it slipped their mind.

I really need this stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated. JS had a lot of stories covered by the News and Freep. Anybody here work at the papers?

Thanks in advance.

later - naturalsister

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 1183
Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 2:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have you tried doing a search on the newspapers sites. They usually list the photographer that took the pictures for any articles and then try contacting the reporter or photographer through email. I've done this on many occasions and they usually get in touch pretty quick.

Good luck

Naturalsister

Post Number: 872
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Broken_main,

I have gone that route, but what I need is different. Thanks for the tip, though.

naturalsister

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.