Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » ::: FSC Meetups ::: » FSC for Thursday, Dec. 14 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 7204
Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We'll be gathering at the Dakota Inn around 9:00. If you've never been, it's a great German bar and restaurant. They're famous for "reuben soup." Great stuff.

Dhugger and any other noobs are welcome to join us. Especially since attendance has been way down lately (last week's mega-meeting being an exception.)

Hope to see everyone there.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 805
Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm planning on it.

Docmo
Username: Docmo

Post Number: 188
Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Working tomorrow. Hope to catch you all next week.

Itsjeff

Post Number: 7205
Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 10:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cripes, Doc. Can't you just run a garden hose from here to there? Be good to see 56, tho.

Dhugger
Username: Dhugger

Post Number: 124
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 9:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the invite ItsJeff.

Will try and fit it into the holiday mix.

Signed, Noob - Dhugger

Krawlspace
Username: Krawlspace

Post Number: 280
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I do think I will actually be there this evening.
Fate do your thing...

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 7590
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll do my best, I'm working in Royal Oak again this afternoon.

Gotta fill Jams' shoes, he'd want to be there.

Dhugger

Post Number: 125
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 2:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What will Jams' shoes be filled with?

An adult beverage I suspect.

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 231
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One of these days, I will attend. In the mean time, be careful....

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Insurance/InsureYourCar/DUIThe$10000RideHome.aspx

(Message edited by wash_man on December 14, 2006)

(Message edited by wash_man on December 14, 2006)

Gannon

Post Number: 7596
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sand.

Frenchman_in_the_d
Username: Frenchman_in_the_d

Post Number: 137
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wash_man,

thanks for the article.
Holy smokes! That's terrible... I'm so greatful you posted this article. From now on, if there is ANY drinking involved, I will simply not drive my car and drive for anyone.
That was some scary ass article.

Hope to join you all fairly soon! Finals coming up next week ;-(

Gannon

Post Number: 7620
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2006 - 6:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, saw an unmarked Detroit car pulling someone over on McNichols on the way TO the Rathskeller.

What a great time last night...what with 56packman playing the accompaniment and all.

Laughs and laughs...just what the doctor ordered.

Went to Bert's afterward...and caught Martha Reeves MC'ing the open mic...looked around once and noticed that THORNETTA had slipped into a seat at my table.

She sang her 'Black Drawers' off for us...reluctantly, it seemed, at first...but the love of the crowd pulled her out of her shell!

Yet another night of magic at Bert's Marketplace...a roomful of rainbow love.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 545
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2006 - 8:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was a great night. I can't believe you got loaded and sang the 'Schnizlebank song' backwards no less!

Itsjeff

Post Number: 7206
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2006 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lots of fun last night. Great to see EricC, Kathleen, Mr. Kathleen, Toolbox, 56Packman, Gannon, Krawlspace and Track75. Krawlspace entertained us with some fascinating stories about spelunking through abandoned buildings.

The reuben soup was as good as I remembered it.

LJ's next week?

Gannon

Post Number: 7628
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2006 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So much fun we forgot to vote again?

Was EricC wearing his invisible man suit again?

Dhugger

Post Number: 126
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2006 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry I missed the FSC last night. I got waylaid at a holiday office party.

Gannon: Sounds like you are always rubbing shoulders with some of the best musical talent in the city. I will drop by Bert's much more often per your suggestion.

Jelk
Username: Jelk

Post Number: 4109
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2006 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Holy smokes! That's terrible... I'm so greatful you posted this article. From now on, if there is ANY drinking involved, I will simply not drive my car and drive for anyone.
That was some scary ass article.

How very sagacious of you.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.