Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » ::: FSC Meetups ::: » FSC for Thursday, Jan. 11 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 7340
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm posting a little early because I'm training for a new job and don't have regular computer access during the day.

Cheli's downtown this Thursday at 9:00. Hope to see everyone there.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11109
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What if I get there before 9 pm, what happens?

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 981
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your dog turns into a gremlin.

Itsjeff

Post Number: 7352
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, my bad. Didn't realize that Chelli's closed at 9:00. Toolbox, Meliss, Meliss' ex and I went to Park Bar instead. Any who showed up after, I apologize. It never dawned on me that a downtown bar would close at 9:00.

For those of you keeping score, this the ex that had Meliss strategizing her public lesbian makeout scene to exact revenge for his trifling with a poor girl's heart.

Bronx Bar next week. I'm reasonably sure they're open after 9:00.

Supersport

Post Number: 11110
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had stopped, figured they'd be closed, should have said something ahead of time I suppose. Anyways, I swung back up to honest? johns for some food and a beer, then met up with E_hemmingway at The Well for a few.

The Bronx? I thought we decided to boycott ALL of Mr Lowell's establishments because of the shit he's trying to pull on Motor City Brewery? I think perhaps you should support the local guy at MCB instead, but that's just my two cents.

Histeric is one Detroiter I hold the utmost respect for, if he says boycott, he's got my support.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2052
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Histeric is one Detroiter I hold the utmost respect for, if he says boycott, he's got my support.

I am sure he will sleep better tonight knowing that...

Seriously though, the economic impact of both you and histeric boycotting a bar is certainly enough to make an owner rethink their position.

Blondy
Username: Blondy

Post Number: 1106
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it is total and complete BULLSHIT that anyone is boycotting anyone elses business. I am not saying Scott Lowell is right at all. BUT, he is not the only owner of the Bronx, and to publicly state that one's business should be boycotted is the biggest bunch of crap. ANd supersport, try forming your own fucking opinions.

Supersport

Post Number: 11111
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So tell me this. If a local business owner took away your parking across the street in that lot, made it so all your workers had to park on the street taking up your customer parking for dropoffs in hopes to close you down, you would still patronize their businesses that they owned? Because a boycott would be bullshit?

Blondy
Username: Blondy

Post Number: 1107
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would not patronize that business, but I CERTAINLY would not publicly call for a boycott against that business. There is a difference, this SHOULD be clear to you. I guess it is not. Too bad.

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 474
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go Blondy, ....it's your Birthday.

I personally would boycott the TJ&S but only because their furniture is wretched, food is bland, and that DAMN CANVAS AWNING on Second has been torn now for over a decade and it is really pissing me off!!!!

Tear that Schitt Down Yo!

You will finally meet the puppy this weekend

Supersport

Post Number: 11113
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2007 - 1:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Blondy, the only thing clear to me is that some guy from Oakland county is trying to strong arm some guy of 20+ year in Detroit, and long time business owner, into going out of business or relocating. It's not rocket science here.

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1890
Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 7:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's the only thing that's clear to you? That explains a lot.

Once again, it comes down to geography. Your mind is a complex place.

Supersport

Post Number: 11129
Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 8:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll take your comments with a grain of salt. After all, you feel Detroit is ready for second floor retail already, when it can't even support first floor retail. Go figure

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1891
Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since I'm not selling beer, I'm not sure why you even care.

"Go figure."

Dabirch

Post Number: 2060
Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You guys are funny...

lollotflmbwaowymsmcitboaawssra atpfhpp

Jelk
Username: Jelk

Post Number: 4171
Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The only thing clear to me is that some guy from Adrian is trying to suck up to a guy of 20+ year in Detroit.

Supersport

Post Number: 11134
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 8:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or perhaps some guy from Adrian acknowledges that a guy with 20+ years in Detroit may know a little bit more about Detroit than myself or all the other newbies in the same boat as I.

Jelk

Post Number: 4174
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There you go listening to "the critiques" again. Typical. They don't want some average Joe in a t-shirt and blue jeans telling them they don't like a part of Detroit that is considered a masterpiece by those with "an appreciation." Ethical business is what you make of it.

I actually agree with Histeric on this point however my reasons go far beyond "Histeric says so".

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1894
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah, a DetroitYes boycott. Business owners must live in fear of the loss of tens of dollars each month.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1021
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, I think the threat of a Supersport boycott would send shivers down the spines of most downtown barkeeps.

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1301
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh yeah, cause every bar owner wants some drunk with a gun in their bar...

Supersport

Post Number: 11137
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You really need to read the law before you make ignorant comments like that.

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1303
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, I just assumed you didn't follow it...

Dabirch

Post Number: 2063
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all, how's it going?

Hope things are well with each of you.

Good News:

Pitchers and catchers report to lakeland in 30 days!

The Tigers open up against Florida Southern in 41 days!

Isn't that great news?!?!

Where's velma when we all need a share the love sort of post?

Supersport

Post Number: 11138
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Velma don't live here no more, move along, nothing to see here. :-)

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 3441
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Itsjeff... is this the type of comraderie that one can expect at the Forum Social Club?

I was gonna show up in January, but I may wait until the seething has settled....

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 115
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

just bring your Legos in the form of a couple a'Glocks and you'll be all set.

Itsjeff

Post Number: 7359
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gistok, you're kinda missing the point. The FSC is all about arguing. Only we drink beer together while we do it. If you're waiting to make your debut until everyone is all touchy-feely, you'll have to hold off for another 4 years.

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2392
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Come on Itsjeff, You know you'd be touchy-feely if Gistok would let you.

Gistok

Post Number: 3442
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, so it's just like one large dysfunctional family. (And if I read Ndavies correctly, one large dysfunctional incestuous family)... :-)

By the way Detroitrulez, there will be a huge LEGO convention in Chicago this summer, and they want me to be their guest speaker, at Brickworld 2007.

Supersport

Post Number: 11140
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd love to go to that, but there is a conflicting Star Trek convention that weekend that is supposed to just be off the hook! (snicker)

Itsjeff

Post Number: 7361
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 5:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ixnay the Star Trek convention. It's being held at Bronx Bar.

Detroitrulez

Post Number: 118
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 8:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Brickworld 2007?" would that make you the "Bricknote Speaker"? bad-dum dum.

Jelk

Post Number: 4180
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 9:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

By the way Detroitrulez, there will be a huge LEGO convention in Chicago this summer, and they want me to be their guest speaker, at Brickworld 2007

Hey big time settle down before you hurt yourself.

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 889
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds prestigious, congrats Gistok!

Gistok

Post Number: 3446
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Pam (and the rest of ya). This will be my first ever event. The chairman and owner (billionaire) of LEGO from Denmark will be there as well. Maybe a FSC meeting would be a great place to hone my diplomatic skills (LOL) and brush up on my political niceties.... :-)

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 986
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bring'em to Detroit next year!

Detroitrulez

Post Number: 120
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

probably need to wait until Cobo is expanded for that.....

Gistok

Post Number: 3448
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nope, no need to expand. Cobo is just big enough... this summer the NMRA (National Model Railway Association) his holding their national convention at Cobo, and LEGO will be well represented, with models of the Fisher, Penobscot and David Stott buildings.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3568
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll bet if we built the Cobo expansion out of Legos they would come.

So is the Bronx still on for this week?

Itsjeff

Post Number: 7362
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 5:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes.

Next week at the M.C.B.C. to balance the karma.

Supersport

Post Number: 11141
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, if there was ever a time when this question seemed appropriate, it is now. Next week, where will people park? :-)

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 4588
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 7:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You wouldn't be asking such a question if this was a walkable City with mass transit. :-)

Dexter bus?

Supersport

Post Number: 11142
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey man, I'll be walking. I was thinking in regards to everybody else.

Itsjeff

Post Number: 7363
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, just me and two other scabs tonight.

Next week at MCBC.

Supersport

Post Number: 11151
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 12:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Manrooter and who else?

Itsjeff

Post Number: 7364
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 6:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your mom. A good time was had by all.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 7885
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 8:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I primed the MCBC for us last night, wondered where y'all were for an hour...figured it was another of my missed appointments that could turn into an adventure.

It did.

Twingo's...stumbled into a friend-of-a-friend's birthday party with some fabulous people. Ended up at LJs where KBKav's sis was handling the high-risk karaoke bartending duty.

A mighty enjoyable time, and I'm hung over today enough to prove it. You should've been there, big fun. BEEautiful people, great conversation.

So it was the Bronx, huh? Haven't been in years.

Supersport

Post Number: 11153
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Your mom. A good time was had by all.

At least you've found the way to the right side. :-)

Itsjeff

Post Number: 7365
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She was bald and beefy, so it wasn't that big a switch.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.