Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » ::: FSC Meetups ::: » FSC for Thursday, Feb. 1 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 7383
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Old Miami.

See everyone around 9:00.

Be sure to tip the bar staff. De la Salle grads need love, too.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8169
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL.

My old stomping grounds...

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11187
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 11:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Before you took naps and missed nights out at the bar?

Gannon

Post Number: 8173
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I once held the pool table there for EIGHT DAYS STRAIGHT during Christmas break...must've been the winter of 1997 or 8.

That's when Baretta (RIP) and Danny stopped giving my 'pointers' on improving my game.

Went in with a few bucks, played a buck or a beer a game...and proceeded to play for over a week, about twelve hours a day...walked home with a healthy buzz and more money in my pocket than I started with every day!!

We used to have pool nights on Thursdays...sometimes we'd have thirty or forty people hanging around watching the games...it was somethin' else.

Back in the day Julie dragged me down to a few Incinerator protests, think her brother got his picture in the Freep one morning...before she was Mrs. Overstreet! I 'just' found those clippings, might have to bring 'em down to show her...last time I mentioned it, though, she didn't seem too enthused.

Yeah, I've got some history there...AFTER you turn thirty, Sport, it's OK to miss a night at the bar. Heh.

I'd nap anywhere, anytime...done THAT one all my life. When have YOU seen me drop off?!

Itsjeff

Post Number: 7384
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 6:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes. Well, anyway, we're meeting there tonight for drinks.

Gannon

Post Number: 8179
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 8:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its,

Hey, if I tell it HERE, you don't have to HEAR it THERE!

Itsjeff

Post Number: 7385
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 8:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If wishing made it so...

Gannon

Post Number: 8183
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's all that wishing that keeps it wagging...shame you haven't yet learned the zen of it all, it is when you NO longer wish...

Itsjeff

Post Number: 7387
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sad to say that I can't make it tonight. Everyone have fun and I'll see you next week.

Supersport

Post Number: 11195
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Huge turnout tonight, largest I've seen in a long time.

Next week it was voted that we go to Foran's.

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 997
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 8:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great seeing everyone, sorry I had to take off so early. Foran's us under new manageent and the place has really cleaned up. Lots of great beers on tap.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1055
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 9:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I gotta say one of the larger turnouts I have seen in a while. I'd love to go to Forans next week, but the sunny skies and warm temperatures of Arizona are calling.

Valkyrias
Username: Valkyrias

Post Number: 425
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

y'all keep saying it was a large turnout...yet something tells me, it was just the 3 of you at the bar last night...

Gannon

Post Number: 8211
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry I missed y'all.

Wouldn't be that I dissed y'all.

I was earnin' my rent money!

Manrooter
Username: Manrooter

Post Number: 453
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And worth every penny.

Supersport

Post Number: 11201
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You missed the full history behind the notori0us Ghettoman, Danny, and all of his street prophets. It was like story tale
time at the Old Miami.

Valkyrias
Username: Valkyrias

Post Number: 427
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

um, ss, i think you either mean story telling time or fairy tale time...story and tale mean the same thing.

Gannon

Post Number: 8214
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Manrooter, it was good for me, too. I need that grand before the end of the day, or else I'm sic'n the ol' Rocky boys on ya.

What IF they're telling stories about a taler?!

H-m-m-n-n?!

Supersport

Post Number: 11202
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 1:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Val,

When I'm telling it, it's a goddamn story tale. Now go sit in the corner and keep quiet smartass.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.