Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Detroit area dermatologist « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lakesuperior
Username: Lakesuperior

Post Number: 158
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey everyone!

i'm looking for a recommendation for a detroit dermatologist. i have to get some minor laser stuff done to my face but, minor or not, i want someone good to be wielding that laser!

anyone have a recommendation?

thank you!
mari

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 1104
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Excellent Group if you don't mind traveling to Dearborn. They are the WSU group forced to leave Detroit when the DMC kicked them out.

Wayne State University Physician Group - Dermatology Clinic
Oakwood Hospital
18101 Oakwood Blvd.
Cancer Center Clinic
Dearborn, MI 48123
Phone 313-240-4900

(Message edited by Crew on February 01, 2007)

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8190
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ONLY dermatologist in the area that I can recommend is Dr. Eric Seiger of the Skin & Vein Centers.

His laser facility is up in Fenton, and if you have trouble getting there, I'm sure he can arrange transportation. He has locations in Troy at Big Beaver and John R. (or Dequindre, I always get those mixed up, its on the NW corner) and Westland on Warren somewhere out by Merriman or Wayne (NE corner way in the corner of the strip mall)...so the consultation would be MUCH easier to get to.

He is one of the best...you've seen him on the TeeVee doin' his procedures.

Great guy, too. ONE of the best, most enlightened people I've EVER met.

Gannon

Post Number: 8191
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SE corner, for that Westland operation, I'm sorry.

Gannon

Post Number: 8198
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm actually IN Seiger's Westland office at the moment, and found out that they also have a travelling laser for the other offices.

Office number is (734) 762-0798

Good luck. Actually, they are having an Open House TONIGHT, call them to see if they can get you a virtual invite.

Crew

Post Number: 1106
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Gannon, they got you working on commission?

Gannon

Post Number: 8221
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NOPE, he knows money doesn't matter to me.

Time, either.

He originally was a customer from my Gramophone days...over the years we've made friends.

Ten years into this fifteen or more ever deepening friendship, we discovered we had the same birthday, only he's got four years on me. If EITHER of us celebrated our own, we'd have known way sooner.

I've had keys to every house he's ever bought, because I am his Eldin. We even made a Freep story on Home Theater a few years back with another great client of mine, HF II's personal attorney out in Dearborn.

I am, indeed, never done with my work at any of his places. He doesn't mind, and actively encourages any and all of my eccentricities.

NOW if only the darling red-headed girl at his office would come to her senses...heh.

Crew

Post Number: 1107
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Keep trying Charlie Brown...I'm sure that lil redhead girl with come around.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 3955
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

East side everyone knows of Altman and Gildenberg at South Macomb

Lakesuperior
Username: Lakesuperior

Post Number: 159
Posted on Monday, February 05, 2007 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmm... Not very reassuring that this was the first search result when I Googled Dr. Seiger:

http://www.ice.gov/pi/news/new sreleases/articles/060710detro it01.htm

Dissaver
Username: Dissaver

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 1:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dr. Henry Lim, the head of the dermatology department at Henry Ford hospital. It might take you three months to get an appointment, but I doubt you will find someone more qualified and adept. If you don't want to wait three months any of the other derm docs at Henry Ford are more than adequate.

Gannon

Post Number: 8256
Posted on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lakesuperior,

I know as little about that as I can, apparently a firm approved by the FDA can benefit from a doctor using a yet-unapproved product. As with most drug approval and distribution processes, there were politics involved.

He chose to not fight it, and was socked with a huge fine...and this smear campaign. How do you think such an article would appear high on Google without a server capable of handling the traffic?

Seiger is a fine man, paying his dues for a simple timing error. Another example of the result being much worse than intended after 'justice' over some alleged crime.

Ease up on the man. He has learned, let him grow.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.