Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Old house in Warren status « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 334
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This past spring there was a thread (I started) about an old house in Warren. It is on 13 Mile just west of Mound. I asked if anyone knew why the property was being cleared and if the house was going to be torn down. I drive by it daily. The land was cleared to build detached condos. The old house is still standing and according to an article in the Freep, will become a wedding chapel. This house always intrigued me. It looks like a mini "White House" or southern plantation.
http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /article?AID=/20070211/NEWS04/ 702110574/1006/NEWS

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4025
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I live not far from it...That lot is pretty damn big, but a wedding chapel? Come on now. Only wedding chapel I know of is at 13 and Hayes.

Warrenite84
Username: Warrenite84

Post Number: 40
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 2:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That place was nice when it had the trees around it. It sits on what I guess is a two acre lot. It looks pretty crowded and bare now.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1512
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 8:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the house may stil be standing, but they runined it by clearcutting and selling of every sqaure foot around it

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 974
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kinda looks like a funeral home inside. Cold, white, stark, too open.

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1433
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well,, wedding chapel, funeral home, difference???

Ookpik
Username: Ookpik

Post Number: 81
Posted on Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm pretty sure that was the Mayoral residence for the City of Warren at one time. I think Arthur Miller (Warren's first mayor) lived there in the late 1950's.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.