Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » ::: FSC Meetups ::: » FSC for Thursday, February 22 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11266
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Park Bar will be the destination of choice.

Korridorkid
Username: Korridorkid

Post Number: 33
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wait isn't the 23rd a Friday?

Would like to go, if thats alright. Didn't know if this was just a 1000 post club thing or not.

Park is a good choice nothin like Jerry's COD discount.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 4800
Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We'll raise a glass to our Cruise Director and wish him the peace and love he gave to all of us.

Bumble
Username: Bumble

Post Number: 34
Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We've been raising those all morning.

Supersport

Post Number: 11283
Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My fault, the date for Thursday is in fact the 22nd. I hope to see many of you there so we can share our memories of one of the kindest Detroiters I ever met. My heart is filled with pain knowing that I'll never again be greeted by that friendly smile and solid handshake as I enter the bar on a Thursday night.

Ghetto_butterfly
Username: Ghetto_butterfly

Post Number: 678
Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My best and longest-time friend from Belgium will be visiting me this week, and I plan to attend because I'm sure many Forumers will be there in Jeff's memory and I want to show her the spirit of the people in Detroit. So my questions are: does the Park Bar offer food? And (I know, a stupid question but in Europe we have different rules, much more liberal than in the US), can we take her 16-year old daughter into a bar in the evening?

Also, Sport you have to do a better job at posting directions for an FSC meeting. Is the Park Bar located on the same street as the Kales building? Or where?

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1064
Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 7:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Park Bar info.

http://modeldmedia.com/develop mentnews/parkbar70.aspx

http://modeldmedia.com/neighbo rhoods/nightlife/parkbar.aspx

It's behind the Kales Building at the corner of Park and Elizabeth adjacent to Cliff Bells. It's a great local business to support. The owner restored the building the way it should be done, not to mention it's a quite an eclectic space. It also has a full kitchen open there now. Haven't eaten there yet but I'm told the chicken shawarma is really good. I haven't seen them card anybody but I'm not sure they would allow a 16-year-old in.

Toolbox
Username: Toolbox

Post Number: 1034
Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB
Bring them all. It will not be an issue.

(Message edited by toolbox on February 18, 2007)

Supersport

Post Number: 11284
Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Ghetto_butterfly, it's been a few years since I've done this job, and this surely isn't the way I wanted to get it back. :-(

Darwinism
Username: Darwinism

Post Number: 599
Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SS: You are carrying on the legacy torch of a very dear friend. It is more a privilege than a job ..... you should feel honored because itsJeff wouldn't want any less. Make the FSC bigger and better than ever.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4059
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll try and make it. Never got to an FSC but made it to picnics. Would be nice to see everyone.

Corktownmark
Username: Corktownmark

Post Number: 255
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds like a plan -- thanks SS for jumping in to help when needed!!

Oliverdouglas
Username: Oliverdouglas

Post Number: 71
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had finally managed to block out time for my first FSC this Thursday, then came the awful news. After reading all of the posts this week, I'm sorry to have missed the chance to meet Jeff. - my condolences to all of you who knew and loved him.

Gumby
Username: Gumby

Post Number: 1533
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is no way I would miss this FSC. What time do people start showing up again? It has been a little while since i have been to one. Only wish I would have went last week like i had thought about doing.

Supersport

Post Number: 11299
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 12:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I say we'll start getting there around 8 pm, so as people who have to drive a ways and get up for work the next day will have a chance to come. I'm sure there will still be stragglers there until closing time, so whenever you can get there, surely you'll see familiar faces.

Scottr
Username: Scottr

Post Number: 306
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm going to try to make this one too - depends on if my car gets fixed in time.

Gumby

Post Number: 1534
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You live up here in the Flint area right scottr? If your car doesn't get fixed let me know and I'll let you bum a ride. :-)

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1411
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gumby, please fire me an email PSIPdetroit at Gmail.
If you don't mind, I would like to join you in the Gumbymobile.

Scottr

Post Number: 308
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks, gumby, yeah, i live in davison. i'll keep you in mind if it's not done - it should be by then, but who knows. i'll let you know if its not, i'd appreciate it. :-)

Gumby

Post Number: 1535
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

email has been sent psip, although i am now off to bed. I will check it in the morning.

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1420
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you see my email Gumby?
Give me a call please

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4071
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

where can i park near there?

Gumby

Post Number: 1536
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah i got it. I was busy today so I havn't had time to respond. I will send you a quick message through email.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1067
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 6:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can park on the streets surrounding the bar. You can also park in the Grand Circus parking garage, underneath Grand Circus Park, a block away and a secure place. The entrance for that is on Adams I think and it will cost a buck or two. The Foxtown garage is a few blocks away but also an option.

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 1029
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

park on park :-)

Scottr

Post Number: 313
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

looks like my car is going to be done today, so i shouldn't have a problem, gumby. thanks! :-)

Supersport

Post Number: 11309
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 12:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great seeing everybody tonight, nice to meet some new faces. Gotta give props to those who drove in all the way from Flint, you get the long haul award for sure.

I'm gonna attempt a roll call:

Meliss
Toolbox
CorktownMark
Matt
Mr Matt
MikeM
SusieM
Valkyrias
MsAmericana
RSA
Mrs RSA
Eric_C
Gumby
Psip
Mikey
Michael
Harmonie
Sharmal
Royce
Patrick
Kathleen
Neil
ErikD
Ndavies
E_Hemmingway
Docmo
Gannon
Mr Blondy

...and perhaps a few others in which I may have missed

(Message edited by supersport on February 23, 2007)

Scottr

Post Number: 318
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 4:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I actually made it all the way down there, even got a foot in the bar, but got a call from my kids' mother, and had to turn around to go deal with a minor crisis that i really shouldn't have had to deal with at all. i swear, my family has impeccable timing. :-(

perhaps another time... and then, maybe i'll try to catch a ride with someone, so i have an excuse to not turn around. i'm a horrible liar, and couldn't pull it off tonight, driving by myself.

Blondy
Username: Blondy

Post Number: 1114
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 7:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I LOVE that you just called him Mr. Blondy.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3694
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 8:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What great crowd. I'm sure our late great cruise director was smiling and toasting you all. I'm really sorry that last minute events intervened that didn't allow me to make it there but I was pleased to hook up with so many of you at the two wakes following the memorial.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 664
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What time do these events last until? I have evening classes on Thursday.

Supersport

Post Number: 11310
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Last night there were people there until after midnight, I'm thinking it may have been after 1 when I left, didn't pay much attention. I'm gonna kick the events off at 8 pm, as opposed to 9, in hopes of pulling in people from further away more often. 9 pm is getting rather late when you have a 1 hr or more drive home. Never fear though, there were more than a few that didn't roll in until 11 pm.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2086
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just want to say that for the first time in months, I am truly sorry that I was unable to make it.

The names of some of my favorite people made the roll call - and you know I am thinking of you.

Peace

Supersport

Post Number: 11313
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, rest assured, I heard more than a few "QUITTER!" sound offs. So though you weren't physically there, others had you there in spirit.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2089
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good to know.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.