Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Old School Electronic Music @ The works 3/2 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Traxus
Username: Traxus

Post Number: 70
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On March 2nd we celebrate another great night of quality music with some of the best underground musicians in Detroit. The years of our throwback tribute have been extended to span 1980 to 1997. This will allow the artists a less restricting chance to dig deeper into their crates an explore more of the classics that helped shaped their musicial outlook. Subculture is proud to present another Positive Education with instructors:

Mike Huckaby (Harmonie Park) info
Mike Clark (Planet E) info
Norm Talley (Trackmode) info
Carlos Souffront (Syst3m) info
Michael Geiger (Syst3m) info
Keith Kemp (Syst3m) info
Mike Servito (Poorboy)info
Jay Langa aka The Green Hornet (Poorboy)info
Greg Campbell (+8) info
Matt Clarke (Subculture)info

*Only records ranging from 1980 to 1997 will be played on this night*

March 2nd @The Works
1846 Michigan Ave
18+ w/id
$5 from 10pm to 2am /$10 after
Early drink specials

Any requests or comments can be sent to subculturedetroit@gmail.com

Additional promotions/support:
Paxahau
Organic
Beatdown Sound
Nefarious
Breakloose
Hot House
Deep Transportation / Synth Recordings

Don't forget your phat pants and glow sticks kiddies! (Kidding.)

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 9252
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What will be constituted as "electronic" music? Would the great Front 242 be included? Possibly Skinny Puppy? Meat Beat Manifesto perhaps?

Traxus
Username: Traxus

Post Number: 72
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps?

My guess is that it will be more Tresor related Techno though.

(Positive Education made a lot of acid tracks back in the day if I'm not mistaken)

I'm not their spokes person by any means though, I'd email them with that question.

(Message edited by Traxus on February 28, 2007)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.