Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Apology To Supersport « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 703
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Before I even go thread-surfing to see what's shakin' around here, I want to apologize to Supersport. He made a comment on the "40/20" thread, and I snapped off a reply that was rude and nasty. I figure that Supersport is not particularly thin-skinned about what goes on, and what is written, in this forum, and he probably barely noticed my shitty demeanor, but that doesn't make me feel any better about my behavior. I was rude to him, I feel crummy about it, and this is my way of publicly apologizing. I'm sorry, Supersport.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11368
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HAHAHAHA...sorry, but apologies on the forum are a rarity. Give me a second to take it in......ahhhhhh, there.

Seriously, I have people out there saying much worse things about me than you simply disagreeing with my point of view. Do you think I care what anybody else thinks?

I got the skin of a Rhino, nothing much bothers me, so keep on sharing your point of view. Even the one that may only pop up in the heat of the moment and ya snap. It makes us who we are. I won't adapt my opinions, lifestyle, or carefully choose my words in fear of what somebody else may think. I suggest you don't either, be yourself, as I took no offense.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3710
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's a very nice gesture Ravine and big of you to step up and say it.

Supersport

Post Number: 11370
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyways, words mean nothing, I only accept apologies in the form of a bottle of cheap beer...cause that's how this forum director maintains authenticity. :-)

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2118
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I won't adapt my opinions, lifestyle, or carefully choose my words in fear of what somebody else may think. I suggest you don't either, be yourself, as I took no offense.

Sport,

One of the things that makes us sentient beings, capable of a wide range of emotions - including empathy and sympathy, is our ability to carefully choose our communication so that we do not needlessly or harmlessly or thoughtlessly hurt another's feelings.

It is actually a pretty cool trait in evolved species.

Supersport

Post Number: 11371
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Typical Californian schitt, common amongst quitters.

Dabirch

Post Number: 2119
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

See -- right there -- you were careful to choose your words to communicate exactly what you were thinking.

Maybe the others are wrong and you are sentient...

Supersport

Post Number: 11372
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:-)

Beavis1981
Username: Beavis1981

Post Number: 312
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ss- I came to the conclusion a long time ago that almost every bad thing said about you was probably based on jealousy.

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6184
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are a lot of people in this world who are far worse than SuperSport.

Sporty is one of the people from this forum who I am happy to say I've had the priviledge to know.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8495
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Beavis,

The complaints from the peanut gallery are based in reality, those folks may be bitter, spiteful haters but they are perceptive and capable of analysis. Occasionally, they are even RIGHT!

Some are even in the same body as those who post more nicely here.

Sport and I have been comparing notes a bit...more than a few of us have been strengthened with the new reality sans Itsjeff in an odd way, since HE will not be around to defend us when the most unwarranted shitty opinions are voiced.

They are almost NEVER voiced to our faces.

The heated discussions HERE actually foment deeper understanding of each other...IF we let it.

I learn from those who disagree with me constantly...if they weren't around to get on me here, I might happily go on with my head in the clouds forever wrong on a few things, if not MOST things.

Had a chat with someone just last night that I really thought barely tolerated my presence after a few choice words over time...and was truly blessed with the discussion we had and the feedback he gave me.

We acknowledged our differences...and I dare say grew a wee like better neighbors, on the way to actually being able to use the term 'friend'.

The spiteful ones who want to STAY in their shitpond are the ones I'm concerned with...hoping against hope they can grow out of their lingering high-school mentalities and emotional stunting.

I am amazed at this thread even starting...kudos, Ravine.

Heya Dabirch, what do you want done with Sport? I can be your 'agent' here...heh.

Cannot imagine that you are even affected by CA yet...except for that perpetual grin from the sunshine UNTIL you notice all the wee-bees rushing around with their windows rolled UP, from sealed houses to sealed workspaces to sealed shopping and eating establishments.

Everyone in Southern CA says they love the weather, yet few of 'em actually go out into it! Ones I knew had to work stupid hours, and commute stupider hours, just to afford to stay afloat.

Didja know that they proved that those ants you are only NOW learning about (since your real estate agent carefully avoided all talk of ants and termites) are ALL part of ONE huge colony throughout the entire Orange County?!

Dabirch

Post Number: 2122
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quite perceptive there Mr. Gannon.

The funny thing of the people I have met, nobody really has a 9-5 job.

Everybody does there own thing on their own schedule. Very odd.

I have not really noticed the ants yet - but the damned coyotes keep me up all night.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8497
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Springtime. Teach the kids to not drip anything sweet around the house, and sprinkle spent coffee grounds around the perimeter as often as you remember.

Make friends with the termite guy that services your neighbors, IF you can catch any of them to get a recommendation. Have you met even ONE neighbor yet?! Don't worry, they will be nice after the next earthquake for two weeks. 9/11 earned THREE whole weeks of civility!

Oh yeah, there is almost NO problem with scheduled meetings and work start times in LA, everyone knows about the finicky traffic 'flow'.

At any time, something as arcane as a flat tire change can completely clog up five miles of 5-lane freeway...so devoid are these SoCal natives of any real life experience...or oddly, even entertainment...they have to rubber-neck ANY seeming tragedy. Freaks, all. You'll notice the midwestern transplants, they actually change lanes and pass on the left. The natives are the ones who will ONLY speed up in order to close the gap so YOU can't pass them...cut the MF's off every time, that passive-aggressive behavior can ONLY be cured by true active-aggression applied gently and with a nod, smile, and a full-fingered wave.

Have you been warned how to respond to high-speed chases yet? Heh, got that from a dozen well-meaning LA natives when I moved there. In two years, I never saw a ONE of 'em...but, then again, I gave up on the freeway system outside of the 3-5 a.m. window of freedom after three months.

NOTHING like going into the valley on the ridge of Mulholland Drive, looking down at the fools stuck on the 101...even found a good E-W surface street, Burbank is one of the few that flow, and if you know where to turn off...a half-mile north of it is the old red-line service road that runs like a 30-mph freeway, STILL beating the 5-mph average of the 101 most days.

Cheers, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

I apologize for not hanging with Sport more...never thought I could keep up the drinking pace!

Supersport

Post Number: 11374
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey man, I only bust out "that pace" for special occasions.

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 179
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The complaints from the peanut gallery are based in reality, those folks may be bitter, spiteful haters but they are perceptive and capable of analysis. Occasionally, they are even RIGHT!

Some are even in the same body as those who post more nicely here.

no way! Some of them even post under the same name....

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.